Yo to the Pro's

D

DSCRAPRE

Although it has been said countless times already in this thread, I am extremely grateful to have this forum to learn from, and hopefully to share what (little) knowledge I have. It's thanks to this place that I learned the importance of buying used and how not to set up my drums (Thank you Tom Angles). Thanks Bernhard!

synergy

I didnt mean to leave anyone out- and I dont see one pro as being more important than any others.

It was late when I wrote the OP and couldnt begin to think of all those that I wanted to thank.

I know I have been off and on the site for a few years but I didnt realize we were down mods? I noticed I hadnt seen many posts from Jason or dogbreath for a while.

Anything I can do Bernard- just let me know...... Still trying to work out who came first... Bernard or Gadd?? lol Its one of those Michael/latoya Jackson things!!!! You never see Benard and Steve in the same room!!!!!!!

Sorry if I just let the secret out!!! haha- Great resource you have managed to create here

OMG- I forgot about the drum angle thread- That should be a sticky!!! Every new drummer should be brought onto this site and made to sit down and read that thread.

Maybe we should send it to the big manufacturers to hand out with their new kits!!!

Last edited:

yesdog

Silver Member
This is a great forum, endless amounts of info. I love it when I can give a beginner advice and help him on his way. We really need to organize some sort of DW conference so we can meet each other in person. That would be very cool. Thanks DW and everyone who post on here.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
We really need to organize some sort of DW conference so we can meet each other in person. That would be very cool.
Yeah, I'd be right into that, but, of course, it's a logistical nightmare. Biggest issue would be location, & wherever was chosen, many would be instantly excluded by sheer travel miles & cost. The international & transcontinental nature of DW is part of it's very beauty, such a pity it's also a barrier to hanging out with you guys. In terms of membership mass, I guess the US is the logical choice, but what about Polly, Pocket, Crazy, Wy, Menace, etc?

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Yeah, I'd be right into that, but, of course, it's a logistical nightmare. Biggest issue would be location, & wherever was chosen, many would be instantly excluded by sheer travel miles & cost. The international & transcontinental nature of DW is part of it's very beauty, such a pity it's also a barrier to hanging out with you guys. In terms of membership mass, I guess the US is the logical choice, but what about Polly, Pocket, Crazy, Wy, Menace, etc?
lol - I'd struggle mightily going to the US, given that I can get lost walking up the street. Chances are I'd pay the $2k to get there and if the meeting was in, say, NY I'd probably be found wandering around Florida in a daze, then they'd mistake me for a senile old person and I'd end up dragged off to a retirement village :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
, then they'd mistake me for a senile old person and I'd end up dragged off to a retirement village :)
I guess walking around with an 18" roach attached to your groin could tip the balance on being dragged off! Kinda makes snare drum placement a bit of an issue too!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
lol - I'd struggle mightily going to the US, given that I can get lost walking up the street. Chances are I'd pay the $2k to get there and if the meeting was in, say, NY I'd probably be found wandering around Florida in a daze, then they'd mistake me for a senile old person and I'd end up dragged off to a retirement village :)

I live in Florida. I would come to your rescue.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I have been to Fla and I have seen the size of the insects there.
They are not quite a match for your roach pet Polly!
You will probably feel right at home with the Gators though since OZ has Crocks.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
I guess walking around with an 18" roach attached to your groin could tip the balance on being dragged off!
lol - are you saying that it's not normal?? Now, if I went to LA ...

Sadly not ... you'd be in NY doing the mayoral meet 'n' greet at the inaugural DW Forum Conference.

You will probably feel right at home with the Gators though since OZ has Crocks.
Bob, would that be in the same way that I'm right at home with funnel web spiders, red back spiders, brown snakes, blue ringed octopi, box jellyfish, tiger snakes and drunken louts?

con struct

Platinum Member
Bob, would that be in the same way that I'm right at home with funnel web spiders, red back spiders, brown snakes, blue ringed octopi, box jellyfish, tiger snakes and drunken louts?
"Right at home with funnel web spiders, red back spiders, brown snakes, blue ringed octopi, box jellyfish, tiger snakes and drunken louts."

Tom Waits would be proud of a line like that, Polly.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
Still trying to work out who came first... Bernard or Gadd?? lol Its one of those Michael/latoya Jackson things!!!! You never see Benard and Steve in the same room!!!!!!!

Sorry if I just let the secret out!!! haha- Great resource you have managed to create here
Synergy, Bernhard's alter ego is the world's worst kept secret :)

I thought that too until I drew them. Their eyes, nose and mouth are very different - just that they both have close cropped grey beard and hair (though Steve is curly), and a similarly-shaped face (Bernhard's is broader).

Here's the picture with my models ... proof that Steve and Bernhard are different people or a clever use of Photoshop to throw everyone off the trail??

"Right at home with funnel web spiders, red back spiders, brown snakes, blue ringed octopi, box jellyfish, tiger snakes and drunken louts."

Tom Waits would be proud of a line like that, Polly.
Wow J, I hadn't thought of that ...

Doctor, lawyer, beggar man thief
Philly Joe remarkable looks on in disbelief
If you want a taste of madness, you'll have to wait in line
You'll probably see someone you know on heartattack and vine

(From my fave TW track)

Um, sorry all, we were talking about pros and having a little hug-fest ...

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
That pretty well sums up Fla Polly.
Just add a few million old people and a Gruntersdad.
Oh yea, a cat called Bermuda too! (He hangs out with this guy called Weird Al)
They have this place that was started by this guy named Disney who liked to draw dwarfs and fairies.
Oh yea, There is Cuban food that is to die for!
The water taste like sulfur.I think that that is what kills the old people!
You and your cockroach will hardly be noticed!

Last edited:

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
That pretty well sums up Fla Polly.
Just add a few million old people and a Gruntersdad.
Oh yea, a cat called Bermuda too! (He hangs out with this guy called Weird Al)
They have this place that was started by this guy named Disney who liked to draw dwarfs and fairies.
Oh yea, There is Cuban food that is to die for!
The water taste like sulfur.I think that that is what kills the old people!
You and your cockroach will hardly be noticed!
Bob, it sounds a fair bit like Queensland here. It's warm there too, mostly tropical (hence the swimming dinosaurs), and lots of people go there to retire and bask in the warm weather.

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
If you walked down Hollywood Blvd with a giant cockroach strapped to you, no one would blink.

hahaha
LOL I hadn't thought of strapping on my pet roach, Klaus. Kinda puts a whole new spin on the idea of strap on, eh?

What's the story with LA inhabitants? What's with all the attention-seeking weirdness the place is famed for?

synergy

Going with the theme of the international Drummersworld Convention- I deffinately think that would be an absolute logistical nightmare.

However it got me thinking.... what about Regional Drummersworld Get- togethers? kind of like - what do Mason's have? Chapters is it? Or is that the Hell's Angels??? lol

I know there is plenty of scope for this here in the States as well as a couple in the UK. The Aussies on here have a quite a few numbers... not sure of their locales to each other.

Would be pretty neat to say be travelling around the states and be able to meet up with the 'local' chapter

We could create the world's biggest drum circle!!! haha

iwantmemoney

that cartoon is hysterical.
and the drum circle or something like it would be a lot of fun.
i started messin with dw not long ago. since being on, i've had an encouraging personal note from bernhard, i've asked gh the obligatory question and got a personal answer, and i had a full-blown, extremely cool conversation with phil maturano....these things have meant a lot to me. i have had fun exchanges with others here, and i've also learned so much, accessing and soaking up information that i would have never even touched otherwise. taken altogether, that's pretty huge for the average drum lover. thanks dw!

Last edited: