Yikes...Joey Jordison passed away...

That's horrible. The family hasn't made any statement as to why yet. He did have transverse myelitis. Wonder if that can do it?

!

Different approach to music than mine but I have respect for his accomplishments

That's FAR too young for him and his family.

I'm shocked. I'll be following this to find out if his condition was the cause of his death.
R.I.P. Joey...

Any fans on that can recommend anything to listen to in honor of Joey?

I admit I could never get into Slipknot. I did buy one of their albums so I could really immerse myself into seeing what it was all about. And while musically it just wasn't my thing, I had to admire his drumming on the album.

I did like what I heard from his short-lived follow-up the band "Scar the Martyr."

And I vaguely sort of know (and just reconnected with over this past weekend) one of the guys from Joey's other band "The Murder Dolls."

I feel horrible for his family, all his friends, and fans.

Sad loss, he was instrumental with the rise of Slipknot and inspired many to pick up the sticks.

Very good player and horrible news for his family & fans.

46 is no age.

Rest in peace.

Our prayers go out to his family and friends. He was supremely well liked. Amongst my friends who loved metal his name rolled continuously off many a fan of Slipknot. I just now from the forum learned of his passing. Quite a shock.

The angry 16 year old me still has a soft spot for the first slipknot album. His signature 13x6.5 Pearl snare is surprisingly versatile.

Nu metal was my youth, only saw him once in 2007 when he was playing with Korn. Good metal drummer.

46 is tragically young.

Wow! So young! Joey was the first modern(ish?) metal guy I listened to closely.

What I love about his playing, at least in part, is that even with such a high note density it still all makes perfect sense to my ear. I mean, busy as he is, I still understand every note he plays.

Currently listening to All Hope Is Gone at neighbour-annoying levels.

Any fans on that can recommend anything to listen to in honor of Joey?
My interest in Slipknot has come and gone and come and gone again over the years. I do have several fond memories of seeing them live in my late teens.

I have no segue: I think the verse riff in Psychosocial is one of the finest in any and all genres of metal, and Joey complemented it perfectly.

The angry 16 year old me still has a soft spot for the first slipknot album. His signature 13x6.5 Pearl snare is surprisingly versatile.

Nu metal was my youth, only saw him once in 2007 when he was playing with Korn. Good metal drummer.

46 is tragically young.
During my H.S. years was fortunate to see them headline in Summer of 00’ with Mudvayne, Disturbed, Papa Roach and Linkin in Lubbock for their Off fest tour.

88D51086-E8CA-4F57-AEC5-C11DE8E4BDB9.jpeg
I’m officially retiring these sticks.
They’re the originals I got back in ‘02.

Last edited:
I'm really sad to hear this. Whilst Slipknot were never a band I was into, I had loads of mates (and drummer mates) that were really into them at the time. I know that he inspired a lot of young people to pick up the sticks for the first time and really, that's all you can ask for from a drummer. He also seemed like a nice guy by all accounts. Very, very sad indeed.

Just found out too. Not familiar with the music he made, but he is an inspiration to countless drummers and has done much for the community. Gone too soon :(

Back