Yearbook throwback

Man that 455 would smoke the tires and most of the competition! I would have loved to have had the opportunity to drag race you in my 69 Mustang.

you would beat me off the line most likely...that Delta 88 weighed a ton, but that 455 would get going and BOOM!!!! My grandma hahd a 67 Mustang with - I think with a 289 V8 in it? ( I don't know much about Ford engines, having been an Olds guy). My dad and I took both cars put one time and did one or two runs, and that is what happened. My grandma would have killed us if she knew that is what we were doing....abad grandpa would have burned the chopped up remains!! They thought we were "doing senior pictures"

you would beat me off the line most likely...that Delta 88 weighed a ton, but that 455 would get going and BOOM!!!! My grandma hahd a 67 Mustang with - I think with a 289 V8 in it? ( I don't know much about Ford engines, having been an Olds guy). My dad and I took both cars put one time and did one or two runs, and that is what happened. My grandma would have killed us if she knew that is what we were doing....abad grandpa would have burned the chopped up remains!! They thought we were "doing senior pictures"
That is so awesome! Your dad sounds really cool like mine, who helped me rebuild the engine - a 302 that I pulled out after blowing the engine drag racing (not officially or anything, just showing off for a girl) and had it soaked in acid, bored 0.0030 and machined, and bought new pistons, rings, lifters, heads, gaskets and a Crane fireball full lift crankshaft with a new Holley 4bbl carburetor. The entire bill from Honest Charlie’s machine shop was just over $400! But that was a lot of money in 1982 for a 17 year old, but I always worked at part time jobs and saved enough money to have had also purchased an engine hoist and stand, as well as the complete Chilton’s manual showing step by step directions with photos, schematics and torquing patterns and specs. Way before the internet or Goggle. Back then with no AC and manual brakes that car had one belt and two vacuum lines. It was essentially a matter of having a full set of mechanics tools, a dry place to garage for a minute, and methodically bagging and labeling everything- every nut, bolt and kotter pin - for when it was time put it all back together. Easy as baking a great big really heavy cake over a period of a couple of months.there happened to be a Mustang shop about 30 minutes away and I was able to find certain parts like turn signal arm and center dash speaker.
One of the 3” head bolts actually broke off in the engine block while we were disassembling, which presented an interesting situation. I was able to extract the broken bolt but could only locate an aluminum bolt that fit, and debated on using it instead of the factory case hardened steel, the concern being heat resistance.
The beefed up engine unfortunately was too much for the underwhelming Ford C-4 transmission which quickly gave up the ghost from the strain of unbridled raw power under such a heavy unrelenting foot. The choice was to replace the C4 and return the camshaft to factory, or leave the full lift cam and upgrade the transmission to the beefier C6, which would cost about double.

I had already spent so much hard earned money and precious time, and there were drums to buy, music to play and girls to date too! I really don’t know how I managed to find time to do and pay for everything. My folks must’ve chipped in somewhere along the line lol. I was very fortunate and didn’t appreciate it very much at the time.

The car in the photo looks identical to my ride back in the mid 80’s (except mine wasn’t a 429 Boss, damn it!).
ps I think you would have almost definitely taken me in 1/4 mile before my rebuild… :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 3
That is so awesome! Your dad sounds really cool like mine, who helped me rebuild the engine - a 302 that I pulled out after blowing the engine drag racing (not officially or anything, just showing off for a girl) and had it soaked in acid, bored 0.0030 and machined, and bought new pistons, rings, lifters, heads, gaskets and a Crane fireball full lift crankshaft with a new Holley 4bbl carburetor. The entire bill from Honest Charlie’s machine shop was just over $400! But that was a lot of money in 1982 for a 17 year old, but I always worked at part time jobs and saved enough money to have had also purchased an engine hoist and stand, as well as the complete Chilton’s manual showing step by step directions with photos, schematics and torquing patterns and specs. Way before the internet or Goggle. Back then with no AC and manual brakes that car had one belt and two vacuum lines. It was essentially a matter of having a full set of mechanics tools, a dry place to garage for a minute, and methodically bagging and labeling everything- every nut, bolt and kotter pin - for when it was time put it all back together. Easy as baking a great big really heavy cake over a period of a couple of months.there happened to be a Mustang shop about 30 minutes away and I was able to find certain parts like turn signal arm and center dash speaker.
One of the 3” head bolts actually broke off in the engine block while we were disassembling, which presented an interesting situation. I was able to extract the broken bolt but could only locate an aluminum bolt that fit, and debated on using it instead of the factory case hardened steel, the concern being heat resistance.
The beefed up engine unfortunately was too much for the underwhelming Ford C-4 transmission which quickly gave up the ghost from the strain of unbridled raw power under such a heavy unrelenting foot. The choice was to replace the C4 and return the camshaft to factory, or leave the full lift cam and upgrade the transmission to the beefier C6, which would cost about double.

I had already spent so much hard earned money and precious time, and there were drums to buy, music to play and girls to date too! I really don’t know how I managed to find time to do and pay for everything. My folks must’ve chipped in somewhere along the line lol. I was very fortunate and didn’t appreciate it very much at the time.

The car in the photo looks identical to my ride back in the mid 80’s (except mine wasn’t a 429 Boss, damn it!).
ps I think you would have almost definitely taken me in 1/4 mile before my rebuild… :)

my dad was pretty cool..well, is, he is still around. I am very lucky to have had his influences on me!!

he was not good with cars though...his thing was woodworking and electricity. He could build a house!!

my uncle raced Oldsmobiles in the 50's - pre NASCAR type stuff - so he was the gear head. My Delta had sat in my grandparents backyard for 10 or so years and was all locked up when I bought it from them for $75. My uncle cane down, and we got the thing onto a flatbed, and then to his shop out in the country. We took the whole engine apart and cleaned it up. He replaced some pats that were hosed, and got the thing running hardcore. I don't remember all of the details of the rebuild b/c when he got going, he went fast...I remember putting on a Holley carburetor; Edelbrock headers(?)...tons of OEM Oldsmobile stuff b/c he was a purist in many ways The exterior was that old "60's Aqua" color with the black fake leather roof. The thing was a sled!! We put new wheels on it - American Racing Outlaw 1's, and EAgle ST's on it.

after high school, he bought the car from me, put the 455 into a '69 442 body, and raced that car for years. THAT damned thing was faaaast!! The Delta ended up with a Cadillac engine and became "the farm car"...

my dad was pretty cool..well, is, he is still around. I am very lucky to have had his influences on me!!

he was not good with cars though...his thing was woodworking and electricity. He could build a house!!

my uncle raced Oldsmobiles in the 50's - pre NASCAR type stuff - so he was the gear head. My Delta had sat in my grandparents backyard for 10 or so years and was all locked up when I bought it from them for $75. My uncle cane down, and we got the thing onto a flatbed, and then to his shop out in the country. We took the whole engine apart and cleaned it up. He replaced some pats that were hosed, and got the thing running hardcore. I don't remember all of the details of the rebuild b/c when he got going, he went fast...I remember putting on a Holley carburetor; Edelbrock headers(?)...tons of OEM Oldsmobile stuff b/c he was a purist in many ways The exterior was that old "60's Aqua" color with the black fake leather roof. The thing was a sled!! We put new wheels on it - American Racing Outlaw 1's, and EAgle ST's on it.

after high school, he bought the car from me, put the 455 into a '69 442 body, and raced that car for years. THAT damned thing was faaaast!! The Delta ended up with a Cadillac engine and became "the farm car"...
Funny, I bought an Olds 98 from a guy simply to get that 455 rocket that came in that tank. Took that bad boy down to the block, built a full tilt screamer and put it into a 24' Baja. Did you know a blown 455 in a 24' boat will hit 130mph at half throttle? 130mph on the water is sketchy, I never found out what it would do at WOT.

So many cars in my past but the only one I would want back was the 1950 Pontiac Chieftan. It was all original and fully documented from the original owner.

Funny, I bought an Olds 98 from a guy simply to get that 455 rocket that came in that tank. Took that bad boy down to the block, built a full tilt screamer and put it into a 24' Baja. Did you know a blown 455 in a 24' boat will hit 130mph at half throttle? 130mph on the water is sketchy, I never found out what it would do at WOT.

that does not surprise me...that thing probably scared t he crap out of others on the water

I am going to tell my uncle about that!!! He is 87...and i'll bet he would be out in the barn this weekend trying to put the 455 in his bass boat!!

and my mom had a '69 Olds 98 with the same rocket 455...all black, black convertible top, and black leather seats. It was like Death motoring down the road. So freaking METAL!!! And she was scary driving it...absolute lead foot. My uncle put Thrush glass packs on it as well, so you could hear, and feel it coming.

It was this exact car: but with black interior...freaking awesome
1969-olds-oldsmobile-98-convertible-1.jpeg

Something very similar to this used to live across the street when I was a senior in HS. Dude would work on it at like 6am. He had a small monster truck to pull it. No thanks. Going fast on water is not my cup of tea.

Screenshot_20210916-084203_Gallery.jpg

Something very similar to this used to live across the street when I was a senior in HS. Dude would work on it at like 6am. He had a small monster truck to pull it. No thanks. Going fast on water is not my cup of tea.

View attachment 108504
Man I bet skiing behind that would jerk your arms off getting up. You know when you pull out real hard and catch up to boat driver- you won’t do that behind this boat I suspect. Just be hanging on for dear life knowing if you fall at those speeds it’s like hitting concrete and you’re going to die Lol

For the record, I built that boat for someone else. I am not the boater type.
Also, at speed you could hear the exhaust across the water singing "I have a tiny peeeeeeeennnnnnnn"

View attachment 108504
Man I bet skiing behind that would jerk your arms off getting up. You know when you pull out real hard and catch up to boat driver- you won’t do that behind this boat I suspect. Just be hanging on for dear life knowing if you fall at those speeds it’s like hitting concrete and you’re going to die Lol
For the record, I built that boat for someone else. I am not the boater type.
Also, at speed you could hear the exhaust across the water singing "I have a tiny peeeeeeeennnnnnnn"

yeah...my first thought when reading about the mod was that the boat would just continually flip over

I am not a water guy at all, unless it is frozen, so I would be in none of these!!! A canoe on a glassy calm lake is about my speed in non frozen water

Okay I found the rest of my yearbooks and I can’t believe that they go all the way back to 1977 when I was in 5th grade, and even a class photo from 3rd grade. I remember almost all of the kids from 5th grade and most from 3rd.

I also found all of the other yearbooks through my senior year except for 1980, which was a rough year (middle of 9th grade) when we moved into a different school district literally a couple of miles away that was my first HS rival. I had also Going to school with kids in elementary schools I knew almost everyone including kids older than me because my sister was three years ahead of me. The ‘new’ school unfortunately was very overcrowded and I knew literally one other student who was a year younger. I made the best of it and joined the band and soon found myself playing drums all the time, it ended up being great! I took every band class possible and essentially majored in music in high school.

Just as cool as seeing photos of old classmates is a few hidden treasures tucked into the pages. The Who photo is an 8 1/2 x 11 printed on old school photo paper which was in the 82 book so I assume it’s at least that old. Someone signed the back, I am not sure if it is the photographer or the previous owner. I’m going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my drum room.

A friend gave me the Van Halen sticker and I thought that was the best place to stick it for good keeping and I guess I was right haha.

A shot of Angus doing his thing in the 82, a bunch of awards that mean nothing now except for the effort they represent.
I am not the dufus holding the snare drum in the jazz lab photo :ROFLMAO:, I’m sitting on the sign between the green sweatered flautist and the newsboy trumpeter.

Tyla was fantastic by the way.

Attachments

• A0D78D50-077C-4661-A384-E03267DF19FB.jpeg
    A0D78D50-077C-4661-A384-E03267DF19FB.jpeg
    512 KB · Views: 8
  • 425F2B09-9EAB-41FE-A5C5-D0BFD94BD161.jpeg
    425F2B09-9EAB-41FE-A5C5-D0BFD94BD161.jpeg
    782.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 19241E9D-03DD-4EAE-98A2-670192D9E487.jpeg
    19241E9D-03DD-4EAE-98A2-670192D9E487.jpeg
    754.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 522B3489-2DD1-41E6-9944-803FF9286844.jpeg
    522B3489-2DD1-41E6-9944-803FF9286844.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E8F2ECB8-52E7-4859-A727-0E5300299457.jpeg
    E8F2ECB8-52E7-4859-A727-0E5300299457.jpeg
    571.5 KB · Views: 8
  • AE9DC17C-72E9-4671-9607-36B0728ECDA3.jpeg
    AE9DC17C-72E9-4671-9607-36B0728ECDA3.jpeg
    747.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 88AAF376-91E6-490B-ABE7-944B01BF08FB.jpeg
    88AAF376-91E6-490B-ABE7-944B01BF08FB.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 23A4066E-8890-4403-A18C-5A1B7A1D8BBF.jpeg
    23A4066E-8890-4403-A18C-5A1B7A1D8BBF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 0436AD2E-4FED-4B22-A0A6-9A2E73548015.jpeg
    0436AD2E-4FED-4B22-A0A6-9A2E73548015.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 5ED93FA6-C875-42EE-84D1-50D233CD7B29.jpeg
    5ED93FA6-C875-42EE-84D1-50D233CD7B29.jpeg
    604.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Okay I found the rest of my yearbooks and I can’t believe that they go all the way back to 1977 when I was in 5th grade, and even a class photo from 3rd grade. I remember almost all of the kids from 5th grade and most from 3rd.

I also found all of the other yearbooks through my senior year except for 1980, which was a rough year (middle of 9th grade) when we moved into a different school district literally a couple of miles away that was my first HS rival. I had also Going to school with kids in elementary schools I knew almost everyone including kids older than me because my sister was three years ahead of me. The ‘new’ school unfortunately was very overcrowded and I knew literally one other student who was a year younger. I made the best of it and joined the band and soon found myself playing drums all the time, it ended up being great! I took every band class possible and essentially majored in music in high school.

Just as cool as seeing photos of old classmates is a few hidden treasures tucked into the pages. The Who photo is an 8 1/2 x 11 printed on old school photo paper which was in the 82 book so I assume it’s at least that old. Someone signed the back, I am not sure if it is the photographer or the previous owner. I’m going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my drum room.

A friend gave me the Van Halen sticker and I thought that was the best place to stick it for good keeping and I guess I was right haha.

A shot of Angus doing his thing in the 82, a bunch of awards that mean nothing now except for the effort they represent.
I am not the dufus holding the snare drum in the jazz lab photo :ROFLMAO:, I’m sitting on the sign between the green sweatered flautist and the newsboy trumpeter.

Tyla was fantastic by the way.

man, all of those marching band pics bring back great and scary memories for me too!! You guys were way ahead of your time, doing covers on the drums that matched your unis!!!

Awesome

man, all of those marching band pics bring back great and scary memories for me too!! You guys were way ahead of your time, doing covers on the drums that matched your unis!!!

Awesome
Thanks!! We covered everything because it was all mismatch piecemeal stuff! I remember driving to other schools in the district to pick up their cast-off gear. We had more people wanting to play in the drum line than equipment. So we scavenged whatever we could find and some of the moms made the covers and the drum line uniforms, which were different than the rest of the band of course.
Check out the bass drum sizes!

Thanks!! We covered everything because it was all mismatch piecemeal stuff! I remember driving to other schools in the district to pick up their cast-off gear. We had more people wanting to play in the drum line than equipment. So we scavenged whatever we could find and some of the moms made the covers and the drum line uniforms, which were different than the rest of the band of course.
Check out the bass drum sizes!

we were "lucky" to inherit a full set of Slingerland drums for our line. And they were in decent shape. I still have my tri toms from back then.

and I was checking out the sizes of the basses and the toms as well...my back was cringing!

The style of the OP yearbook looks exactly like mine. Class of ‘81. Either it was the same yearbook company or they shared the same layout graphics. Unbelievably close in style.

we were "lucky" to inherit a full set of Slingerland drums for our line. And they were in decent shape. I still have my tri toms from back then.

and I was checking out the sizes of the basses and the toms as well...my back was cringing!
Man, my very first public appearance in band was when I was in 8th grade, a scrawny little guy about 150 and about 5'8' at the time I think with no real muscles. I carried the a bass drum bigger than me for over a mile and was totally wiped out by the time we made to the stopping point. I had just had a virus of some sort a couple of weeks before and thought I wasn't going to make it, but found a way to hang on to the bitter end.

My first band director (9th grade) was a really nice guy named Melvin Hodges probably mid thirties but seemed old at the time lol. He made it fun from the outset, and for that I am forever grateful. My first foray into traditional grip at 12 years old.
I remember one time I brought to school an old aluminum waterproof match holder my grandfather had given me, and was showing it to some classmates and Mr Hodges walked up, asked me to hand it to him and was asking if it was my stash ha ha. I didn’t even know what a stash was at the time LOL. It literally had wooden matches in it. In case I needed to start a fire or something. You never know.
Anyway he was a great introduction for me into 'formal' music education. My previous instruction was from family members (which were professional musicians), but not paid instructors.

And I found a photo of some cocky prick who thought he was cooler than anything standing beside a red car a couple of years later haha Amazing what two years can do. My friends used to joke me that I played hooky every Monday and Friday to work on the car. 🔧

My second BD Mr Fry looks more serious, and in some ways he was, but he also made learning and playing music fun. So I’m also grateful to him for providing an inviting environment into which young people really got into music as well.
Both band directors were jazz musicians and fans, which is undoubtedly what thankfully led me down that path.

Attachments

• A9CA419C-A76F-4435-BBF1-060865CD673D.jpeg
    A9CA419C-A76F-4435-BBF1-060865CD673D.jpeg
    415.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D0835040-C1BB-4634-AFF8-587718B7AEB0.jpeg
    D0835040-C1BB-4634-AFF8-587718B7AEB0.jpeg
    605.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AE46532B-AC60-4135-8FF2-841F05423A01.jpeg
    AE46532B-AC60-4135-8FF2-841F05423A01.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 0EFEFD4D-C8D8-4097-883C-35DD5B69CA96.jpeg
    0EFEFD4D-C8D8-4097-883C-35DD5B69CA96.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 3
The style of the OP yearbook looks exactly like mine. Class of ‘81. Either it was the same yearbook company or they shared the same layout graphics. Unbelievably close in style.
Interesting, I can’t find any copyright or other publisher information. Send some photos!!

Man, my very first public appearance in band was when I was in 8th grade, a scrawny little guy about 150 and about 5'8' at the time I think with no real muscles. I carried the a bass drum bigger than me for over a mile and was totally wiped out by the time we made to the stopping point. I had just had a virus of some sort a couple of weeks before and thought I wasn't going to make it, but found a way to hang on to the bitter end.

my first marching band experience was just the first game my freshman year...1984. I did the super typical freshman thing where in one of the forms of the song, I was supposed to direction change right, but went left instead, by myself, with the biggest bass drum on...the WHOLE BAND went to the right, and I marched a good 10 yards by myself...I did soooo many push ups that next week in practice....

My first band director (9th grade) was a really nice guy named Melvin Hodges probably mid thirties but seemed old at the time lol. He made it fun from the outset, and for that I am forever grateful. My first foray into traditional grip at 12 years old.
I remember one time I brought to school an old aluminum waterproof match holder my grandfather had given me, and was showing it to some classmates and Mr Hodges walked up, asked me to hand it to him and was asking if it was my stash ha ha. I didn’t even know what a stash was at the time LOL. It literally had wooden matches in it. In case I needed to start a fire or something. You never know.
Anyway he was a great introduction for me into 'formal' music education. My previous instruction was from family members (which were professional musicians), but not paid instructors.

you are lucky. My first BD hated drummers. We always got ignored, yelled at, and blamed for every mistake that happened. He always would say t hat drummers were not real musicians...that we were not smart enough to be real musicians, so we got relegated to just hit things...I actually decided, my sophomore year, that I was goign bbecome like a drum corps "drumline guy" - like I had seen on my uncles old DCI movies - teach the drumline like they should be taught. I got into teaching to spite him and show him that drummers could be real musicians.

By my senior year, we were winning most of the percussion trophies at contests, and people were requesting to hear just the drumline at pep rallies and games.(That really made him mad...people would openly say the band was boring, but the drums were great)

2 years after graduating, I had started the program that I have now been running for 30+ years

And I found a photo of some cocky prick who thought he was cooler than anything standing beside a red car a couple of years later haha Amazing what two years can do. My friends used to joke me that I played hooky every Monday and Friday to work on the car. 🔧
If that is a Camaro, than I am officially jealous of you!! And if it is a 442, than I will die. I am an Oldsmobile guy first!!

My second BD Mr Fry looks more serious, and in some ways he was, but he also made learning and playing music fun. So I’m also grateful to him for providing an inviting environment into which young people really got into music as well.
Both band directors were jazz musicians and fans, which is undoubtedly what thankfully led me down that path.

my Caption Head during the 8 months that I did do Drum Corps was the guy who was my biggest influence on getting organized, serious, and detailed about drumming, and about being a good teacher. He was awesome. I modeled myself after him, Mr. Ryan, my freshman year history teacher, and Thom Hannum, who I mentored with for the past 20 years.

my first marching band experience was just the first game my freshman year...1984. I did the super typical freshman thing where in one of the forms of the song, I was supposed to direction change right, but went left instead, by myself, with the biggest bass drum on...the WHOLE BAND went to the right, and I marched a good 10 yards by myself...I did soooo many push ups that next week in practice....

you are lucky. My first BD hated drummers. We always got ignored, yelled at, and blamed for every mistake that happened. He always would say t hat drummers were not real musicians...that we were not smart enough to be real musicians, so we got relegated to just hit things...I actually decided, my sophomore year, that I was goign bbecome like a drum corps "drumline guy" - like I had seen on my uncles old DCI movies - teach the drumline like they should be taught. I got into teaching to spite him and show him that drummers could be real musicians.

By my senior year, we were winning most of the percussion trophies at contests, and people were requesting to hear just the drumline at pep rallies and games.(That really made him mad...people would openly say the band was boring, but the drums were great)

2 years after graduating, I had started the program that I have now been running for 30+ years

If that is a Camaro, than I am officially jealous of you!! And if it is a 442, than I will die. I am an Oldsmobile guy first!!

my Caption Head during the 8 months that I did do Drum Corps was the guy who was my biggest influence on getting organized, serious, and detailed about drumming, and about being a good teacher. He was awesome. I modeled myself after him, Mr. Ryan, my freshman year history teacher, and Thom Hannum, who I mentored with for the past 20 years.
Actually it’s a 69 Mustang fastback with a 302 V8 if I didn’t respond already. I also bought a 1977 Cutlass Supreme 2 door from a relative for about $1,000 I think, it had a 350 and could literally smoke the right rear tire “power braking” without the car moving. Floor the brakes and then the gas and experience the smoke and smell of burning rubber. My dad always questioned how quickly I wore out tires…T-Tops (which leaked just a bit when it rained hard) and a 150 watt CD player, it was a fun car too! The car in the photo is not mine, but looks exactly the same except that mine was tan inside and out.

And I literally just found the waterproof match container (note the striking surface) that my first band director in 8th grade thought was my pot stash - like I would have let him see it if it were lol. These matches have been inside for about 40 years and appear ready to strike. 🔥

Attachments

• 22F46BB1-FBF9-451C-9D1C-DC1D6F16C53A.jpeg
    22F46BB1-FBF9-451C-9D1C-DC1D6F16C53A.jpeg
    366.9 KB · Views: 3
  • A6805B19-2B63-46C0-8988-3AFE1178DA51.jpeg
    A6805B19-2B63-46C0-8988-3AFE1178DA51.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 3
  • D3422CCA-6A3F-4622-AA55-EE9E770631E3.jpeg
    D3422CCA-6A3F-4622-AA55-EE9E770631E3.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3
Actually it’s a 69 Mustang fastback with a 302 V8 if I didn’t respond already. I also bought a 1977 Cutlass Supreme 2 door from a relative for about $1,000 I think, it had a 350 and could literally smoke the right rear tire “power braking” without the car moving. Floor the brakes and then the gas and experience the smoke and smell of burning rubber. My dad always questioned how quickly I wore out tires…T-Tops (which leaked just a bit when it rained hard) and a 150 watt CD player, it was a fun car too! The car in the photo is not mine, but looks exactly the same except that mine was tan inside and out.

oh man...my older cousin Scott had a 77 or 78 Cutlass like that...I think his was blue, but man, he had the whole 70's "hesher" thing going with his long feathered hair, that car with t-tops, and his short shorts and tube socks pulled up high...I remember the exhaust/gas smell it had when it would idle

and that 69 fasback w/ 302....freakin' smokin!!!

And I literally just found the waterproof match container (note the striking surface) that my first band director in 8th grade thought was my pot stash - like I would have let him see it if it were lol. These matches have been inside for about 40 years and appear ready to strike. 🔥

nice. I still have 2 Zippo lighters from back in the day. My dad collected them ,and got me a Steelers one, and a Marine Corps one. I never smoked, but used those for camping stuff. i loved t he smell of those too

Back