Yamaha throw off replacement

Terry Branam

Official DW Chief Transcriber
I have a Yamaha snare that I need a replacement throw off for. I think the original is the B Type mechanism. The butt plate is stripped, so I'll definitely need a replacement for that as well.

I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement, or even a part number, as the search on the Yamaha parts site is seemingly down. I have a domino retroplate, so I can fit a few different throw offs, the problem is that the spacing for the mounting screws on the butt plate look to be 2.25" and I'm not having much luck with finding a replacement at that size. I really don't want to drill this shell if at all possible.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
The drum is a 12" Musashi. Got this drum second hand, and the throw was pretty trashed. Here are some pics. I talked to someone at Yamaha, and they told me that the release has been discontinued. Maybe the throw-off that is on the current line of Stage Custom snares would fit? If so, I'm not sure of the part numbers or exactly where to find them

Thanks

Butt.jpg Release.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if the Rock Tour snare has the same hole spacing, but a guy on the drum forum site used a Gibraltar replacement for one.

Here are the part numbers...
butt plate = U0200082
strainer = U0201077

Still available for order. I replaced the same on my Musashi snare last year :)
Is there somewhere I can still order this I need the throw off and butt plate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 2
Back