Yamaha Stage Custom

I have nothing but good things to say about Stage Customs.
I've taken them on the road many time just because they will take the punishment and still deliver quality sound.

While it's not my main live kit, I do own the coolest Stage Custom ever made and bring it out for specific gigs. ;)

View attachment 115415
Found in action ....... FGTH - Relax cover

Resurrecting this thread to let folks know that the Yamaha Stage Custom is currently on sale; Guitar Center, Amazon, eBay, Reverb all have new kits going for $649, $100 off the current price. No idea how long it's going to last or why--coming out with a new model soon?--but thought some folks on here might be interested.

Resurrecting this thread to let folks know that the Yamaha Stage Custom is currently on sale; Guitar Center, Amazon, eBay, Reverb all have new kits going for $649, $100 off the current price. No idea how long it's going to last or why--coming out with a new model soon?--but thought some folks on here might be interested.

Over 9 years now since the current version was announced in Jan. 2014:

Namm 2023 starts next month, so they might be due.
Still.....I'd hate to see them mess with a winning formula.

The only thing I'd like to see is a shallower bass drum. I cut mine down from 17" deep to 14".

Is this a stage custom or phx? I can't tell the difference. If I paid $8-10K for a company's high end set and they showed up looking like this? Please.

Yamaha = vanilla.

Don't blame me, that's their catalog pic! 🤮

Can I get a discount on my drums if I buy an outboard motor too? :unsure:

View attachment 115532

Not sure what you're banging on about, tbh.
If it's colour - the bass drums are perpendicular to the other drums and reflect a different light!

Over 9 years now since the current version was announced in Jan. 2014:

Namm 2023 starts next month, so they might be due.
Still.....I'd hate to see them mess with a winning formula.

The only thing I'd like to see is a shallower bass drum. I cut mine down from 17" deep to 14".
A bright red finish like the 80’s recording custom red hot would be awesome

Not sure what you're banging on about, tbh.
If it's colour - the bass drums are perpendicular to the other drums and reflect a different light!
In round, true bearing edges, premium wood, lacquer finish, excellent QC, the best designed light weight hardware in the industry, and, according to some, sound as good as the ultra premium, custom made to order PHX kit, for $600. But, no character, no mojo, no soul? I guess that means they’re ready to play without modifications or having to send them to Chris Heuer to be fixed. 🫤

My Yamaha Stage Custom was and is my first "proper" kit. I've put it through many different iterations (heads, tuning, setup etc.). It's ideal to educate myself about drumming because it's sturdy and inexpensive and individual parts are readily available. I've bought and sold individual drums new and used many times - for example, I didn't like the 16" floor tom when I wasn't using reso heads. Currently I am, so I've bought another one to give it one more try. I wouldn't be able to afford doing all these experiments with a high end kit. 😇

My Yamaha Stage Custom was and is my first "proper" kit. I've put it through many different iterations (heads, tuning, setup etc.). It's ideal to educate myself about drumming because it's sturdy and inexpensive and individual parts are readily available ........... I wouldn't be able to afford doing all these experiments with a high end kit. 😇
Very true. My Stop Sign Badge Gretsch 24x14 was $880. My Ludwig 3 ply 18x16 was $600.

Two of my Stage Custom kits (building a shell bank), cost me hundreds less (each) than those two drums. Super affordable.

Back