Yamaha Stage Custom Vs. Tour Custom

michael h

Hi, I was thinking about ordering some drums and 18' 12' and a 14' of one of these sets...I know the Stage is Birch and the Tour is Maple..I was just wondering if the Tours were heavier. I don't mean the wood type comparisons necessarily as much as the actual drum model types...One wood could be heavier than the other but then there are the ply thickness to consider etc...If anyone has some insight on these drums, I would appreciate it...THanks.....

Same thickness shells on both. The Tour do seem to be heavier than I expected with high quality maple shells. It does not look like the typical maple found in this price range, to me at least.

Both nice kits., just the Tour you will get more low end frequencies, IMO.

Check the Sonor Force 3007 or 2007 too.

Thanks, I ended up buying a new Force 3000 blue sparkle 18' 12' and a 14' floor zero kit for 695 US...The unfortunate reason I had to buy it was I had to sell a 80s Phonic bop set Rosewood 18' 12' and 14' to get some credit cards down...I should be getting the set by tues, I'll let ya know how I like it...I am going to tune it and high and use it for Jazz only so I hope it sounds good in the higher tuning...When I play rock, I have a set tuned down low and I need to have a set for Jazz tuned up high as well....

Check the Sonor Force 3007 or 2007 too.

Thanks, I ended up buying a new Force 3000 blue sparkle 18' 12' and a 14' floor zero kit for 695 US...The unfortunate reason I had to buy it was I had to sell a 80s Phonic bop set Rosewood 18' 12' and 14' to get some credit cards down...I should be getting the set by tues, I'll let ya know how I like it...I am going to tune it and high and use it for Jazz only so I hope it sounds good in the higher tuning...When I play rock, I have a set tuned down low and I need to have a set for Jazz tuned up high as well....

Force 3000 are really nice drums. I saw one on this forum with a beautiful Scandinavian finish! I don't think you'll have problems for the tuning, Sonor are great quality kit.

You mean 3007’s or 3000’s?
The Force 3000’s were built in Germany.
You did say new eh? I guess 3007’s.

Back