Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Bebop Kit (Raven Black) 18/12/14 Sound Test/Demo

Watch it here! Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Bebop Kit (Raven Black) 18/12/14 Sound Test/Demo

Making its first appearance on this channel, today’s video features the Yamaha Stage Custom Bebop Kit! The kit we used comes in a “Raven Black” lacquer finish. For this demo, we put Remo Coated Ambassadors on the tom batters and Evans UV1s on the resos. On the bass drum batter, we put a Coated Ambassador.

18 x 15 Bass Drum
12 x 8 Tom
14 x 13 Floor Tom

Snare: Yamaha “Anton Fig” Signature 6x14 Snare, with Yamaha Vintage Wood Hoops
Cymbals: 22" Zildjian K Constantinople Renaissance Ride (Modified by Jesse Simpson), 20" Istanbul 30th Anniversary Ride, 14" Vintage Avedis Hi-Hats.

Hope you enjoy!

Nice playing! Nice work all around! Cymbals and drums sound great, and it's one of the first demo videos I've seen in a while that I didn't immediately think "hmmm, I wish the toms were tuned a little higher!"

It's hard to tell through headphones, but is there much involvement of the reso head in the tom sound? They sound a little closed off, and I don't think it's the pitch of the batter head. Just curious.

:)

Nice playing! Nice work all around! Cymbals and drums sound great, and it's one of the first demo videos I've seen in a while that I didn't immediately think "hmmm, I wish the toms were tuned a little higher!"

It's hard to tell through headphones, but is there much involvement of the reso head in the tom sound? They sound a little closed off, and I don't think it's the pitch of the batter head. Just curious.

:)
Short answer is yes, long answer is... not entirely sure! May sound closed off because they're just coming through the overhead mics. The resos are tuned higher than the batters. We've have a few videos on our tuning philosophies up on the YouTube channel!

Nice playing, good video. Nothing extra, just the good stuff.
I really like the shot from the ride cymbal.

Back