Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage

drumhead61

Gold Member
I just purchased a 5 pc kit of Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage the other day off of ebay for $399 with a lacquer finish in blue (currently all I have is a fuzzy pic) sizes 10, 12, 14 toms 20 in. kick and a 14 snare. I think even fuzzy the kit looks good, but it does give you all a good idea of the deal I GOT!!! This kit sounds amazing in comparison to my ludwig accents and I am LOVING IT. Will sell the other kit without a doubt.

I AM A HAPPY CAMPER :eek:-) oh I MEAN DRUMMER

Attachments

drumhead61

Gold Member
Hey Harry, long time! Thanks; yes it was an awesome deal on ebay. Great thing was the guy lives 15 minutes from my house and so it made the score all the better! Truly loving this kit off to the bone yard with the other :eek:)... when I get my camera squared away I will take a few more pics and post, but the semi-fuzzy will suffice for now.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Lookin good Jim! You told me that you were out for a new kit.
Good choice, I like the drums and the color. Aren't small drums cool? I love 20" bass drums and shallow toms.
The price was right too!
How was NAMM? Did you go?

Last edited:

drumhead61

Gold Member
Lookin good Jim! You told me that you were out for a new kit.
Good choice, I like the drums and the color. Aren't small drums cool? I love 20" bass drums and shallow toms.
The price was right too!
How was NAMM? Did you go?
Bob, I did go to NAMM, and it was GREAT...my camera was doing screwy things so I did not get as many pics as I wanted (like the one I missed of Ted Nugent as he walked by me) of the drum sets, but I did get some that I was pleased with and I just got to see a WHOLE BUNCH OF GEAR....MMMMMMM GEAR :eek:-) I do hope that I get to go again next year!!!!

Oh, and as for the smaller drums...yes I do like them...was not certain that I would, but I do.

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Bob, I did go to NAMM, and it was GREAT...my camera was doing screwy things so I did not get as many pics as I wanted (like the one I missed of Ted Nugent as he walked by me) of the drum sets, but I did get some that I was pleased with and I just got to see a WHOLE BUNCH OF GEAR....MMMMMMM GEAR :eek:-) I do hope that I get to go again next year!!!!

Oh, and as for the smaller drums...yes I do like them...was not certain that I would, but I do.
I have found that smaller dimension drums are easier to tune and also they are small practice room, and small venue friendly.
They also allow you to set them up in a more ergonomic way. Especially rack toms.
Smaller drums like microphones too! My sound engineers like my small kits, even when I play on a big stage at a large venue. The sound guy at Toads Place in New Haven Ct has commented many times on how much he likes my Pearl Rhythm Traveler and my Tama Stagestar.
Im glad that you're happy with your new Yammies!

drumhead61

Gold Member
Bob, I am so happy with my yammies that I am convinced that when I jump again I will only be looking at them! We will see once I am ready to jump again which may not be that long, but not certain.
I have found that smaller dimension drums are easier to tune and also they are small practice room, and small venue friendly.
They also allow you to set them up in a more ergonomic way. Especially rack toms.
Smaller drums like microphones too! My sound engineers like my small kits, even when I play on a big stage at a large venue. The sound guy at Toads Place in New Haven Ct has commented many times on how much he likes my Pearl Rhythm Traveler and my Tama Stagestar.
Im glad that you're happy with your new Yammies!

A-customs

Silver Member
Hey fellow advantage drummer.I to have the kit in a orange fade8,10,12,14,20.I got it off creigslist 400.00.It sounds soooo good,trying to get pics up!!!!!!!!!The best bang for the buck by far i ever made.............

TheOne

yeah i have the same exact kit in cranberry red! gorgeous finish for the price and pretty solid sound. I can't remember but i think the shells are hybrids? i know the new ones are straight birch

A-customs

Silver Member
Can't go wrong with the SC's, love the color. Welcome to the Yamaha family!!
Thanks..i ve had them for 6 months and love them................Now i could never get rid of the 70s Slingerland kit that a bought new back in the day,But for the price i paid.MY GOD,These things are really sweet...................Its a shame Yamaha has discontined.the advantage line.I was hoping to add a 2nd bigger floor The mounts are really nice,plus the sound i get out of them.........ALOT of enjoyment........

A-customs

Silver Member
yeah i have the same exact kit in cranberry red! gorgeous finish for the price and pretty solid sound. I can't remember but i think the shells are hybrids? i know the new ones are straight birch
Dont quote me but these advantage kits ,which they arent making now,where a combo of mostly phillippine mahogany, falkata wood and a outer ply of birch.I know it sounds pretty cheap but im telling anyone looking to add GREAT SOUNDING,EASY TUNNING KIT.These stage customs are a killer.............That 20" bass drum is a beast!!.First 20" bass drum ive ever owned.I love the room it saves,really sits nice in a corner,and taking to gigs, i play in some mostly small rooms..Happy Drumming...........By the way im new here and cant seem to get off the site!!!!!!!!!Great place.........Peace