Yamaha Rock Tour--Holy Guacamole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the floor tom sounding great and cutting through the mix, but the 12" still needs some tinkering.

Put a G2 over a G1, or an Emperor over an Ambassador, and tune both heads to the same pitch. I promise you'll get a killer sound.

Never had issue with my Rock Tour toms projecting.
In fact, just the opposite. Sometimes the smaller toms are too loud and need to be dropped a little to match the depth of the floor toms.

My kit is Textured Red Burst.
Toms: 10", 12" 13", 14", 16"
Snare: 6"x14"
Bass Drums: 22", 16" (custom)
12" matching sub-kick (custom)

The custom drums are extra shells Yamaha had that matched my kit.
Because they don't make these drums anymore they gave me the shells and
are converting the 16" into a Hip Gig Bass Drum and the 12" into a Sub-kick for me.

I just pickup a Yamaha rock tour 3-piece today. $349. Greenburst. I am not sure if you are supposed to get a tom arm with this kit, so you can hang your rack tom off a cymbal stand, but they did not send me one with the kit. I like this shell pack. Don't like the heads that came with it. I put a 16 inch aquarian performance II head on my floor tom and it sounds good. Going to change the other heads eventually. I had an A.T.L.A.S (Ludwig lug clamp) and it fits into the Yamaha lug screws. So I think I am going to use the ATLAS arch mount for the rack tom instead of using a cymbal stand to hold the rack tom and use ATLAS to hold a ride cymbal.

I bought this for the 12" tom,
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/yamaha-cl-940bw-tom-drum-ball-clamp-with-long-hex-rod?source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CLremIDW37wCFa47MgodoSkAEA&kwid=productads-plaid^57311280307-sku^H76188000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^30423645987

and clamped it to a cymbal stand with a standard (don't even know what brand) clamp. Seems to be plenty sturdy, and keeps the hardware to a minimum for easy breakdown/setup/moving.

I just pickup a Yamaha rock tour 3-piece today. $349. Greenburst. I am not sure if you are supposed to get a tom arm with this kit, so you can hang your rack tom off a cymbal stand, but they did not send me one with the kit. I like this shell pack. Don't like the heads that came with it. I put a 16 inch aquarian performance II head on my floor tom and it sounds good. Going to change the other heads eventually. I had an A.T.L.A.S (Ludwig lug clamp) and it fits into the Yamaha lug screws. So I think I am going to use the ATLAS arch mount for the rack tom instead of using a cymbal stand to hold the rack tom and use ATLAS to hold a ride cymbal.

That shell is way to thin for that IMO you will pull that A.T.L.A.S mount through the drum. No clamp or tom mount comes with the kit I like the snare stand approach but a standard Yamaha mount will do fine.

They're supposed to come with the arm and a clamp. Mine did. Maybe they're just not including it for that insanely low price.

I just pickup a Yamaha rock tour 3-piece today. $349. Greenburst. I am not sure if you are supposed to get a tom arm with this kit, so you can hang your rack tom off a cymbal stand, but they did not send me one with the kit. I like this shell pack....

The tom came with a YESS mount attached to it though, right? Just have to pick up a ball mount arm thingie and attach it how you prefer then.

The 399.99 or 349.99 deal does not come with a clamp or mount. I have also noticed it's a 18x22 bass not 17x22.

It's listed as 22 x17 on the site: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-Rock-Tour-3-piece-Shell-Pack-713091-i1529887.gc
I've got two Yamaha bass drums (stage customs, not rock tours) that are 17" deep.

The tom came with a YESS mount attached to it though, right? Just have to pick up a ball mount arm thingie and attach it how you prefer then.

It's listed as 22 x17 on the site: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-Rock-Tour-3-piece-Shell-Pack-713091-i1529887.gc
I've got two Yamaha bass drums (stage customs, not rock tours) that are 17" deep.

Got 3 ( Oaks, Rock Tour Customs and Rock Tours) The Rock Tours I got from MuicansFriend for 399 has a 18x22 Bass even though they list it as 17x22. I have also noticed mine don't have the Yamaha Diagonal seams Yamaha is known for on the inside ply the outside has it. The shell has to be the thinnest I have ever seen. Drums sound fine IMO this is going to be a practice kit I keep in a basement so I really don't care but it is the cheapest Yamaha set I have ever seen. Stage customs are IMO are better quality I thought it was the other way around until I got them.

Well, if you've got one, you know better than me then.

Don't remember ever seeing that kit, so can't comment on it too much.

Well, if you've got one, you know better than me then.

Don't remember ever seeing that kit, so can't comment on it too much.

Same here had not seen a set in person just figured for 399 I could not go wrong and really don't feel I did the kit looks GREAT sounds fine and it is what it is for the price with no tax or shipping. Anyone that does have a set and could check if they have the diagonal seams would be nice that's about the only thing that bugs me being a Yamaha Fan Boy the missed step bothers me.

Got the original '94 Rock Tour Customs the day before yesterday...

1379978_10203220999505408_1923821241_n.jpg

1909310_10203202530763701_2065074307_o.jpg

This sound... a-mazing.

Got the original '94 Rock Tour Customs the day before yesterday...

1379978_10203220999505408_1923821241_n.jpg

1909310_10203202530763701_2065074307_o.jpg

This sound... a-mazing.

Great looking kit I have a black set 10-12-16-22 there monsters the floortom and bass are 11 ply I think I could stand on the bass drum without hoops and it would not even come out of round. Not even close to the newer Rock tours there toys. Enjoy them

I got my Customs for $350 with cases The bass drum was black tom black sparkle all in great shape recovered them and for now there my hybrid kit.

IMG_0219_zps32bcafb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Heres my newer Rock Tours

Same here had not seen a set in person just figured for 399 I could not go wrong and really don't feel I did the kit looks GREAT sounds fine and it is what it is for the price with no tax or shipping. Anyone that does have a set and could check if they have the diagonal seams would be nice that's about the only thing that bugs me being a Yamaha Fan Boy the missed step bothers me.

Mine has the diagonal seams

Also, for the record, it is an 18 x 22. Musiciansfriend says 17 x 22 for some reason?

For that price though, you're practically stealing. I get nothing but compliments on the look and the sound of my Rock Tour kit.

Back