Yamaha RC vs Tama BB

richyokes

Hi everyone,

It's new drums time for me....can get a 2nd hand Yamaha RC or a new Tama BB for around the same price. Love them both. Suspect the Yamaha's would hold their value better. I love the sound of both, and would value your opinions. Must say the sound depth of the BB's is nice. But is it too rock? I intend playing a variety of music, mostly reggae. Peace.

harryconway

Platinum Member
Well, you're probably right about the Yamaha's holding their value. They're already used, so what you buy them for today and what you sell them for later (if ever) should be close to the same. Where the Tama's (new) will devalue as soon as you take them home (now their used). My vote goes for the Yamaha's. Longest running drum series (over 30 years), and with good reason.

SoCalMike

Official Drummerworld Photographer
I'd go for a used set of yammies over a Tama any day Tama makes great drums but can't out do Yamaha Birch

aydee

Platinum Member
Dont know much about the Tama Bubingas but the Yammie RCs have been unchanged for so many years for a good reason.

T

trkdrmr

I'd go for a used set of yammies over a Tama any day Tama makes great drums but can't out do Yamaha Birch
I made the observation in another thread "watching the used drum market" about the Yamaha.

If I see a set of yamaha Rc's for sale, they are usually 10 years old or older unless the rare instance an owner has to have the cash or wants a new Yamaha. You don't see many for sale unless they are well used. People who buy RC's hang on to them as a general rule.

Ebay and craigslist are flooded with Tama SC, many are a year or two old.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Rc's are incredible kits and yamaha's hardware is awesome. If it were me I'd go with the Rc's

richyokes

Thanks all, I have to agree, and look forward to owning some RC's. Tis true there are not many who sell their's. Will give a shout to the B/B's again though, great sound, better than Maple for my tastes. Cheers.