Yamaha power v help

EllieW84

My dad passed away and Ive decided to sell his kit.
I assumed I would end up having to pay for it to be scrapped but have people wanting to buy it and keep offering more money.
Is there something special about this kit?
Ive got loads of random stands and bits of metal I have no idea if they go with it.
The kit is very old and WELL used. Needs cleaning up.
It has the white/cream wrap but I as a novice think its really beat up.
My photos are too large to upload apparently
Please help

V-Four

Sorry to hear bout your Dads passing.

In order to get proper help (and you will), you will need to upload the photos.

Do a google (or some other) search on how to resize the pictures.

Then I assure you , the good folks here will answer all your questions (and more) ;) . There's really no way to know what the "metal bits" are, and if they do or don't go with the set. This will help asses condition/value as well.
Post em up.
Good luck.

T.

Woolwich

Silver Member
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

My local second hand drum shop has just got exactly the same kit in, 5 piece, steel snare drum, cream finish. It’s in decent condition for a 30 year old kit with just corrosion showing on the Tom Tom holder that protrudes from the bass drum. He’s selling it for if I recall correctly £280. However it is a shop and he can offer part exchange or a discount.
So for the whole lot anywhere between £200 to £250 is probably fair. You might be able to maximise what you get by finding out what your stands are and selling them individually but to be fair they’re probably perfectly good but not rare or unusual Yamaha stands.
One tip, try going into your camera menu on your phone (assuming you’re using your phone) and drop your picture size to 5 megapixels or lower. That will make your photos small enough files to be able to post them without hitting the size limit. Don’t forget to set the size back when you’re finished though so your family photos are still a higher quality.

Last edited:

wildbill

Platinum Member
I assumed I would end up having to pay for it to be scrapped but have people wanting to buy it and keep offering more money.
Please help
What do you need help with? Do you have a problem with someone wanting to buy it?

Anyways - about the Power V drums. No, they're not special drums.
As stated, if you get a couple hundred for them, consider it a fair deal.
Maybe consider keeping them and learning to play them?

Last edited: