Yamaha Maple Custom 30th Anniversary

TJK

Beautiful set, I had the same in vintage maple. Stunning drums, best Tom sounds I have ever played. The bass drum didn’t do it for me at 10 plys thick; sounded like a basketball. Couldn’t get a sound I liked, very frustrating so I sold them. They do hold their value for sure

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Beautiful set, I had the same in vintage maple. Stunning drums, best Tom sounds I have ever played. The bass drum didn’t do it for me at 10 plys thick; sounded like a basketball. Couldn’t get a sound I liked, very frustrating so I sold them. They do hold their value for sure
Yamaha just has a way with toms. I don’t know what it is, but their tom sounds just make me feel like praying.

Reactions: TJK

evilg99

Platinum Member
Stunning kit you have there, and amongst the finest sounding drums Yamaha has ever made. That finish is 'jar of unicorn tears' rare ! I'll bet there aren't more than 10 of those ever made.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
I think they made 30 of each for each continent. I have seen this purple sparkle before in Europe.

Red sparkle seems to be the most sold 2nd hand.

I remember seeing silver sparkle too. Ill dive in the archives to find more colors.

The hoop is probably aftermarket as they came in the same finish as the kit.

TJK

Yamaha just has a way with toms. I don’t know what it is, but their tom sounds just make me feel like praying.
All I can remember of the sound of the Toms was mellow, just a light but somehow warm sound that just begged to be played. And no matter how hard or soft you hit them the sound never choked, damn I just couldn’t make the bass drum right.