Yamaha ead10 midi question

williamsbclontz

Silver Member
The ead10 doesn’t have midi in or midi out. It has the 2 usb connectors that can transfer midi however. If I wanted to connect the ead10 to another drum module how would I do it? Mainly I want to be able to trigger different sounds from different modules on the ead10 triggers, without having to use a computer

I am worried that, because the ead10 uses both midi and sound from a microphone, the midi data may not be transferable. But I’m not sure I don’t exactly know the science behind midi, I just plug it in and play

I’ve seen usb to midi cables made by Roland, but I think they are mainly geared towards connecting to a computer. Could this work?

benthedrum

I don't know if this helps.........

"The unit does send MIDI and audio at the same time, but it’s not easy to find unless you go menu-diving. In fact, we missed it until Yamaha informed us how to set it up. In case you’re curious, here’s how: out of the USB, press Menu/Utility/General then arrow down three pages and select USB to Host/+ key to switch to “Audio and MIDI”.

williamsbclontz

Silver Member
"The unit does send MIDI and audio at the same time, but it’s not easy to find unless you go menu-diving.
That’s what I’m worried about. There’s not a output for just midi alone or just the microphone alone. The only outputs are both midi and the mic together. That’s fine for a computer because it can receive both, but I’m not sure if another drum module receive it correctly

If that makes sense

All I’m trying to do is connect another module to my ead10 via midi. But this is getting pretty complicated...

J T

The ead10 doesn’t have midi in or midi out. It has the 2 usb connectors that can transfer midi however. If I wanted to connect the ead10 to another drum module how would I do it? Mainly I want to be able to trigger different sounds from different modules on the ead10 triggers, without having to use a computer

I am worried that, because the ead10 uses both midi and sound from a microphone, the midi data may not be transferable. But I’m not sure I don’t exactly know the science behind midi, I just plug it in and play

I’ve seen usb to midi cables made by Roland, but I think they are mainly geared towards connecting to a computer. Could this work?
Hi William, did you manage to find a way to use another module while using the EAD, like you, I am wanting to trigger sounds from an extrnal drum module rather than EAD. Look forward to hearing from you.

electrodrummer

Hi William, did you manage to find a way to use another module while using the EAD, like you, I am wanting to trigger sounds from an extrnal drum module rather than EAD. Look forward to hearing from you.
USB MIDI Host - as I said.