Yamaha Drums

aydee

Platinum Member
Thanks for the compliments! This finish is a lacquer called "embossed silver". One of these days I am going to replace the kick reso with a white head and black lettering. I think that will look killer! These are the only pictures I have. I just have a small point and shoot camera.

Thanks Jeremy! I looked for pics of Aydee's kit, but couldn't find any.
Here you go.

These are some old pics.. the kit is configured differently in the studio these days w the 8, 10, 16 toms, and G2 coated heads, it sounds amazing

3r flr r 5.jpg

3rd fl. dr 2.jpg

Labambawarrior

It does…here are a couple pics of my MCAN with both black and white front head for comparison….
...BTW, very nice kit you have there!

Thanks! That white reso looks sweet! You sir, also have a very nice kit!

Here you go.

These are some old pics.. the kit is configured differently in the studio these days w the 8, 10, 16 toms, and G2 coated heads, it sounds amazing

Thanks Aydee! Looks awesome.....well, of course it does! : )
What are the specs on yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

aydee

Platinum Member
Thanks Aydee! Looks awesome.....well, of course it does! : )
What are the specs on yours?
Yea, the finish is unique isnt it? It took me awhile to get used to it, but then everyone would comment on it, and I started to really like it.

I've played quite a few hi end kits, and in my honest opinion nothing has really come close ( well maybe a Pearl Reference kit I played at a recording session once )

Here's an old thread I made when I first got the it about 5 years ago.

http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29542&page=4

X

XplosiveDrummer

Yes you do see another kick! The one in the setup is a 20" kick. The one in the background is a 22". I prefer a 20".
Oh ok. Bummer they're different but it also gives you options. Part of me wishes I could try a 20" PDP X7 bass drum but this 22" hits the gut quite hard too. Anyway great set.

And yeah Scortch, I LOVE that finish from Yamaha. I wouldn't mind having a kit with that finish. One that's similar ina way is the Sublime E3 from Crush. That's a great color combo too. Looks good with the white reso, really makes the finish pop.

Tylor_M

Hey I'm new to this forum but I would love some feed back on my drums I refinshed.

The drums are 13"x9", 16"x16", 22"x14", Late 60's Yamaha drums, The drums were in ruff shape but I put over 7 months of love and hard work into them!

Let me know what you think?

I will put some more pictures of the bass drum soom and pic's of the full kit as well!

-Tylor McNeil
www.tylormcneil.com

Attachments

longgun

Gold Member
Hey I'm new to this forum but I would love some feed back on my drums I refinshed.

The drums are 13"x9", 16"x16", 22"x14", Late 60's Yamaha drums, The drums were in ruff shape but I put over 7 months of love and hard work into them!

Let me know what you think?

I will put some more pictures of the bass drum soom and pic's of the full kit as well!

-Tylor McNeil
www.tylormcneil.com
They look great.........definitely one of a kind

Bonestorm

Anyone feel like talking me out of buying a matte black Stage Custom (sizes 12, 14, 16, 18, and 22 [x2])?

This would require selling off a bunch of vintage ('85 era) Tama Superstar toms I've acquired over the past 2 years in an attempt to slowly replace my old Tama Rockstar kit.

The Superstars sound great, but I still need to replace the old bass drums (and I don't want the vintage Superstar kicks...so I need to buy....something else anyways), then I'll want to re-finish/wrap the whole thing. I'm kinda considering giving up on this project and getting the Yamahas. I love the finish, and from what I have heard of them, they sounded righteous!

Crazy idea replacing vintage Superstar stuff with Stage Customs?

RickP

Gold Member
I have always been partial to Yamaha's black swirl lacquer finish on the Club Customs, but then I am prejudiced as I own a set.

Attachments

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
PLEASE help me find my dreamkit.

If anyone knows someone (who knows someone who knows someone...) who sells a Red Riple kit from the 60's

Let me know! You will be rewarded :)

BGH

Gold Member
I had a Rogers kit back in the 70's with that same red ripple wrap, from when Yamaha was making the shells for the Rogers 360/380 lines. That kit is long gone, but it was a cool finish.