Yamaha Drums

D

drumming sort of person

Some really nice finishes there. I definitely prefer the solid finishes to the fades.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Thanks guys.

Yes above are all finishes, this is part of the custom finish line up.

As you may know, red is my color to go. 9 years on the Oak (hence the Oak Sub-kick in front of the PHX).

As soon as I noticed the master kit (10/12/14/18) on the Namm & Messe 2016, I wanted to test it, and so it happened a few months later it arrived.

Now, I noticed the 18'' kick wasn't for me (although it kicks serious ass, as if all these shells sound 2" bigger) and ordered this big fella.

The 22'' kick as and has the attack I was looking for.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
The first part of the fresh heads, so some fresh pictures were in order too.

Naked PHX 10'' shell.

Dressed PHX 10'' tom.

Naked FRP 5,5 snare.

Full setup (with temporary the old custom Oak grain micro port holes)

D

drumming sort of person

Oh man, that red finish is easily the nicest finish I've ever seen on a drum. Wow.

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
Thanks!

I was surprised myself.

I did't knew that they made a solid red Ash (the name is Textured Garnett Mono or TAR) outfit. When I saw it on a picture from the Messe 2015 I asked about it.

It had a 18'' kick. After a period with the 18'' kick I noticed I was not a guy for such a main small kick, so I inquired about a 22x16 virgin model. It arrived just before Christmas last year:

Attachments

HARDWARE QUESTION:

Does anyone know how to identify Yamaha cymbal stands models? Bought them ages ago and now am selling so I'd like to get a fair price. Can't really tell from the Yamaha website. Is there a model number printed on the stands anywhere?

Cheers!

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
HARDWARE QUESTION:

Does anyone know how to identify Yamaha cymbal stands models? Bought them ages ago and now am selling so I'd like to get a fair price. Can't really tell from the Yamaha website. Is there a model number printed on the stands anywhere?

Cheers!
There is on the purple, red or black label. If its not there you can post pictures and I can help you with that.

evilg99

Platinum Member
Reunited with Oak Customs

Played a couple of weddings this past weekend, about a 4 hour drive away. It was going to be a really tight pack, not much room in the van as it had to carry our whole PA, lights, drums and some guitar gear too.

So, I thought I'd dust off my Silver Sparkle Oak Customs 10/14/18. I hadn't ever played these with coated heads on the toms and I was dying to try it, thinking that coated heads would balance the bright Oak shells just right. Boy, did they ever. Coated Emperor now my goto head for Oak Custom toms.

This 18" x15" bass drum has a lift, and I have it fitted with a clear PS3 batter and a Fiberskyn reso. Small towel inside only touching the resonant head.

Snare duties for this setup was my new-ish Absolute Hybrid in Jade Green Sparkle. No trouble with that!

Oak Customs still a knock out after all these years.
In search of a 12" tom for this kit!

Attachments

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
Re: Reunited with Oak Customs

Played a couple of weddings this past weekend, about a 4 hour drive away. It was going to be a really tight pack, not much room in the van as it had to carry our whole PA, lights, drums and some guitar gear too.

So, I thought I'd dust off my Silver Sparkle Oak Customs 10/14/18. I hadn't ever played these with coated heads on the toms and I was dying to try it, thinking that coated heads would balance the bright Oak shells just right. Boy, did they ever. Coated Emperor now my goto head for Oak Custom toms.

This 18" x15" bass drum has a lift, and I have it fitted with a clear PS3 batter and a Fiberskyn reso. Small towel inside only touching the resonant head.

Snare duties for this setup was my new-ish Absolute Hybrid in Jade Green Sparkle. No trouble with that!

Oak Customs still a knock out after all these years.
In search of a 12" tom for this kit!
Looking good Neal! That's a timeless finish on those Oak Customs; those drums are always going to get it done. And, I remember your excitement about the Jade Green Sparkle finish when Yamaha introduced the AH line.

evilg99

Platinum Member
Re: Reunited with Oak Customs

Looking good Neal! That's a timeless finish on those Oak Customs; those drums are always going to get it done. And, I remember your excitement about the Jade Green Sparkle finish when Yamaha introduced the AH line.
Thanks Jason!

Yes, they sure do get it done!
I haven't ever seen an AMH Jade Green Sparkle kit in person...the Orange, Green, Gold, and Pink sparkles are special order. It looks like dealers are being rather conservative here, only really stocking the black, walnut , and natural finishes.

Neal

gcvrsa

Anyways from what I can gather, they are Yamaha Beech Customs, Made In Japan. Any info on the date or things about these? Very hard to find info on them.

6 pc set:
10x8 - WTT810 0M-5643
12x9 - WTT812 0M-5643
14x11 - WTT814 0M-0134
16x13 - WTT816 0M-5657
22x18 - WBD822 0M-5688
Maybe these will help: