Yamaha Drums

I've used it a total of about one hour in 5 years.

It's still in the box... in fact I didn't even remember I had it until you mentioned it, ha, ha, ha... but it's a cool gadget indeed, I just don't use it, basicly I don't play music where I need it.

Here's a few pics of my YMCs... some different setups... it's a bummer I couldn't find pics with my hybrid setup integrating the DTX, but oh well... the latter setup I'm using is the one in the office.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Drum n Bass player yeah?

Here's a few pics of my YMCs... some different setups... it's a bummer I couldn't find pics with my hybrid setup integrating the DTX, but oh well... the latter setup I'm using is the one in the office.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hey, G, I love it ! I love your sizes & set ups n cymbals, the factory metal and everything.... and you have a drum set in the office???
Can I work for you ? for free? Santo Domingo's a pretty cool place I hear.

Stage Custom Update:

If ya'll remember my order I placed about a month ago:

At first I tried to add to an existing setup that Yamaha had...
10, 12, 14, 20x17 w/ snare, was the package they had and I added an 8 and a 16, bringing the entire order to: (Diameter x Length)
8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x16, 20x17

But I couldn't get the 14" with a mount they only offered it with floor legs, and this was for all of their shell packs. So I ended up having to get them indiviually but still all on one order, it only raised the price by $200.
When I figured out this is was what I wanted to do, I asked if I could get the Bass Drum a virgin. We (my friend who works at GC and I) were delt a very firm "No". I asked "even if it costs extra?" they said they did not offer that at all. Which really sucks, I would have loved to have a virgin kick.

Anyone know anything about this or have a different experience?

Current order:
8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x16-Floor, 22x17

Hey Fett, I could be wrong but I think Virgin Kicks constitute custom orders, and therefore are not ordered by the big online stores as a shell pack configuration. Try speaking to Yamaha directly at:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica](For customers within the continental United States):[/FONT]
Phone: (714) 522-9000, 8:30AM to 5:00PM PST/PDT, Monday through Friday

Awesome! thanks for the info man, I'll give my friend at GC a call and get my order number and info (my reciept is at home), and call yamaha. Thanks again man!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun. Love the spiral cut out cymbal.

Stage Custom Update:

If ya'll remember my order I placed about a month ago:

At first I tried to add to an existing setup that Yamaha had...
10, 12, 14, 20x17 w/ snare, was the package they had and I added an 8 and a 16, bringing the entire order to: (Diameter x Length)
8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x16, 20x17

But I couldn't get the 14" with a mount they only offered it with floor legs, and this was for all of their shell packs. So I ended up having to get them indiviually but still all on one order, it only raised the price by $200.
When I figured out this is was what I wanted to do, I asked if I could get the Bass Drum a virgin. We (my friend who works at GC and I) were delt a very firm "No". I asked "even if it costs extra?" they said they did not offer that at all. Which really sucks, I would have loved to have a virgin kick.

Anyone know anything about this or have a different experience?

Current order:
8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x16-Floor, 22x17

I think it is because it is an SC. Its not the high end model like the MCAN or so (here you can order kicks with a "v" in the number since of this year, before that it was indeed a custom order and was a ltille more expensive)

Drum n Bass player yeah?

Well, I'm dabbling on it... gotta keep learning new stuff eh?, that's half the fun of this thing.

Hey, G, I love it ! I love your sizes & set ups n cymbals, the factory metal and everything.... and you have a drum set in the office???
Can I work for you ? for free? Santo Domingo's a pretty cool place I hear.

Thank you!.. well I actually have been very lucky... my previous job that I had, I had them get me a room for my playing, they complied and it was pretty good, a big isolated room... I had three kits there, ha, ha, ha... now this is MY office as in my company, so basicly I set them up here too... but since my company as such is much much smaller than my previous employer, pretty soon I may have to get them out as we've been growing and are almost out of space... ha, ha, ha... Santo Domingo is my city yes, thinking about visiting here?, gimme a holler I'll take you around.

Looks like a lot of fun. Love the spiral cut out cymbal.

Thank you, this cymbal is so fun... and surprinsingly versatile.

Great to see a fellow DR-er from Santo D. My place of birth (before I was adopted by my Duch parents :D ) and a Yamaha addict to!

You're kidding!!!! man... do you come here to visit?... do you live in the netherlands?

PM me my friend!, first drummer countrymate I meet online in 9 years on forums!

Cant wait to see all the new stuff at the Messe within 2 weeks.

This is a great custom job from Yamaha:

BoatRack1.jpg

An Oak custom in a new Embossed Silver and with Nouveau lugs.

That Embossed colour... really nice :D one of my favorites. Only missing the die cast hoops.

Hey! Thats my Kit! With an anaconda wrapped around it!.. mine's maple though..

w rack 3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Aydee! Yes, that's your finish and it looks awesome .... What a kit. I give credit to Yamaha for offering your finish in the oak custom line. Man, that's stunning.

Hey all. First post here, great forum. I've been lurking for some time now, so figured it was time to post up. First of all, to Alexia: those are Stage Custom's. Not a great deal, but it isn't a horrible deal either (if it comes with the hardware/cymbals). BUT, the kit is not maple like you presumed. Anywho, a couple pics of my babies:

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

Wow, those are beautifull!!
My next drumkit will be a Yamaha maple absolute, natural color ! Just like yours.
Thanks for the pics.

Djeb

JerryOnDrums, Beauty of a kit!... I love a honey/amber finish on drums. Are these MCA's or BCA's? Weckl played a similarly finished kit like this for awhile.. Of course, he probably has one of everything Yamaha ever made LOL.

Peace!

Back