XS20 SPLASH?

V-Four

Hey gang..

Im lookin for a good splash. Standard fare. Quick and gets out da way. I tried some 100$ plus "pro level" splashes at local GC that don't sound like they worth the 100$ their asking.(at least from what i belive a splash shld sound like.)

I noticed xs20 10" on sale (closeout)? by.. walmart (ugg), and jet..etc for 39 bones..including some other tidbits with it.

Used these are ranging from $24- 60+

Sound clips seem decent enough.

Any experience with the 10" xs20 splash?

Im cheap, but should i save the 15 bucks and buy a beatup one? Or pull the trigger on the shiny shiny one?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

T

Last edited:

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Hey gang..

Im lookin for a good splash. Standard fare. Quick and gets out da way. I tried some 100$ plus "pro level" splashes at local GC that don't sound like they worth the 100$ their asking.(at least from what i belive a splash shld sound like.)

I noticed xs20 10" on sale (closeout)? by.. walmart (ugg), and jet..etc for 39 bones..including some other tidbits with it.

Used these are ranging from $24- 60+

Sound clips seem decent enough.

Any experience with the 10" xs20 splash?

Im cheap, but should i save the 15 bucks and buy a beatup one? Or pull the trigger on the shiny shiny one?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

T
That's pretty cheap! I'd go for it. They upgraded the XS-20 line to the new XSR line. It's still b20 bronze though.

crispycritters

You could buy a used cheap one but you'll only get to listen to it in person if its for sale locally.

$39 sounds good to me, but you won't get to listen to it in person - so it could suck.

I don't have much faith in sound files.

If you buy new and it isn't what you were hoping for you should be able to sell it on without much of a loss.

I live in a remote area over 200 miles from any place I can listen in person so I've bought almost all my cymbals unheard - 50% of the time I've bought cymbals I'd have passed on if I'd heard them in person. I've managed to resell most but its cost me.

I'd toss a coin.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
You should be fine. I often find that cheap fx cymbals, such as splashes and Chinas, can sound great as they are designed to be a little trashy and get out of the way quickly.

V-Four

So..the splash arrived today. HAVE NOT had a chance to
try it yet.

Playin w my finger, sounds ok so far tho.

I will say that the 10" xs20 with 6" cymbal stacker, bottle of cymbal cleaner, and microfiber cloth..seems like a good deal to me for 39 bucks.

Sound review to follow @ some point.

Thanks for the tips/advice.

T