WTB Yamaha Stage Custom Toms

MntnMan62

I figured I'd throw this out there just in case someone might have one or both in their possession and would like to sell. I recently bought a 2000 Stage Custom 5 piece kit in Sapphire Blue. I love the kit and am happy with the 5 piece but I would love to add two toms to the mix. I'd love a 8"x10" (depth x diameter) mounted tom as well as a 14"x14" floor tom. Anyone who would like to sell these please reach out to me. I would likely not play them as a 7 piece but as a 6 piece. I think the 8x10 and 10x12 would be ideal as the mounted toms. I don't often see them but figured nothing ventured, nothing gained.

steverok

Silver Member
I used to own a Stage Custom set. The 12" tom was not a very good drum for me, but the 10" and 14" toms were excellent drums. Also, that sapphire blue is a wonderful finish that should be made in perpetuity, IMO. Good luck !

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
Your best bet would be to set up an alert on Reverb and Ebay. I would also include blue and purple to the alert.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I figured I'd throw this out there just in case someone might have one or both in their possession and would like to sell. I recently bought a 2000 Stage Custom 5 piece kit in Sapphire Blue. I love the kit and am happy with the 5 piece but I would love to add two toms to the mix. I'd love a 8"x10" (depth x diameter) mounted tom as well as a 14"x14" floor tom. Anyone who would like to sell these please reach out to me. I would likely not play them as a 7 piece but as a 6 piece. I think the 8x10 and 10x12 would be ideal as the mounted toms. I don't often see them but figured nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ebay, CL, Reverb, Etc. I had a similar undertaking when looking for a 14" FT to my RN series Renown. The bottom line is that it's often an ordeal to acquire matching option toms after a finish-option has gone out of production. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you have to get creative and compromise on acquiring a second kit (like a 10/12/14/20) in a matching color and re-selling the duplicates.

Ultimately, it comes down to:

When buying a kit, get the sizes you want in the color you want. Do not delay.
If you think you might acquire more later, then stick with a color option that is offered forever-ish, like white or black.