Wow!

Al Strange

Well, I ain’t getting on a stage after this cat! 😂 Fantastic independence...can’t wait to see where these kids take the art form. 10yrs old?!!🤯👏

MntnMan62

So, is the second pedal on his right another block so he has two block pedals, one on each side? So he has double bass, double block and a hi hat? Insane. With that level of independence he should be able to do some incredible playing. It will be interesting to see what he is doing 10 years from now.

brentcn

Platinum Member
To me, the truly impressive thing here is his hand technique. Smooth doubles and fast singles at a very, very young age. The pedal patterns require discipline and lots of practice, of course, but it's not outrageous to think that a kid could learn to play those patterns, along with the hands playing 16ths, in a couple of years. However, the fine motor coordination in the hands, and the discipline to develop it, is remarkable. He probably has at least two teachers: one for snare and one for kit.

He's gonna be one pissed-off grownup, when he finds out how what a fusion gig pays.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
So, is the second pedal on his right another block so he has two block pedals, one on each side? So he has double bass, double block and a hi hat? Insane. With that level of independence he should be able to do some incredible playing. It will be interesting to see what he is doing 10 years from now.
sounds/like a Dualist Pedal on the left that plays two blocks

C.M. Jones

This video highlights the incomparable benefits of disciplined practice. Yes, talent is obviously present, but no one develops such skills so early in life by playing video games while his drums collect dust in a forgotten corner. Sometimes, the only difference between an average kid and a prodigy is that the latter spends most of his time drumming, whereas the former tells everyone he's a drummer but picks up sticks no more often than he picks up a dictionary. Cavin Coolidge gets it right below:

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb."

Nothing happens if you don't go to work.

Last edited:

johnwesley

Silver Member
Gotta admit he's damned impressive. Question is, "Can he settle down enough to play to music?" Then again, maybe he's just a solo artist.

moxman

Silver Member
Holy smokes.. 10 years old! I'd guess he started playing early and practices hours a day. Excellent meter.. and technique.. - I'd like to hear some groove and musicality.. but the kids got it going on!

mikyok

Platinum Member
That's a lot of hours practicing to get to that level. Do his parents lock him away with only a drum kit and push food under the door?

One only hopes that he doesn't get bored and can apply his playing to work with other musicians and makes a career out of it. There's millions of guys who can fret wank or the drum equivalent in mommy's basement on youtube. Sadly views, clicks and likes don't pay bills.

NouveauCliche

I'd put money on him doing what all the child prodigy types have ended up doing - backing some major pop artist in stadiums and saving this stuff for clinics.

(And talking about jazz fusion solo albums that never happen. haha - joking, joking.)

MntnMan62

I just watched the video again. I think he has six pedals. 4 on the left and 2 on the right. He doesn't use the pedal to the far left all that much. Maybe once. But you can definitely see him at one point moving among 3 of the ones on the left while one is unused. 6 pedals. Again, insane. From a musical standpoint I can't say I am much of a "block" person. But the independence necessary to manage all of that is impressive. But again, I would love to see what he's doing in 10 years.