Would you spend $200,000 on someone else's custom Ludwigs?

Ghostin one

Mike_b

Bozzio's set is $25K now; you can't afford not to buy it! :

Lol I heard it's worth twice than ahha that it originally cost to make if I'm not mistaken!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I can’t stop laughing hysterically. I guess if it was someone else’s money I’d buy it.

Darth Vater

I think this is even more ridiculous. As you look at this remember that Ringo DID NOT own this kit or have anything to do with it. You don't even get the Beatles logo head for $44+K !!! What a shakedown.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Bozzio's set is $25K now; you can't afford not to buy it! :

But $75 shipping. 😱

Yamaha Rider

View attachment 104747
Is this a trick question?
Have you already bought me these as a birthday surprise and are just checking I won't be disappointed?
(I am a BIT disappointed. Cash instead?)

Last edited:

Lee-Bro

If I was a ridiculously insanely wealthy person who has given to society enormously and selflessly, was ready for a "treat yo' self" moment, and if this was an actual stage-used guitar, I would consider spending the expected $60k-$80k on this guitar.

If you look through the catalogs for the auction, there are some pieces which you'd think would be expected to bring more than what's estimated and others where the expected prices are just too far off (such as Alex's drums).

PrinceGuitar.jpg

Last edited:

Lee-Bro

No.

But if I did, I want his kit that had the refrigerator disguised as an extra bass drum.
And a 5 points on their next five album releases. Which at some point will probably be things such as: Greatest Hits Vol II, Best of Live, The Hits Vol I, The Hits Vol II, and a few reissues w/ previously unreleased material.

Suburbankidz

If I were a museum curator, I might try to get them on loan for a history of the drum set exhibition, maybe titled, from Traps to Post Modernism ( or similar title--thinking there may be a Jasper Johns Pop Art angle in there as well) but personally would not purchase them. If I had $200,000 I would be looking for 40-60 acres of land, maybe build a recording studio and rent the space out.

Woolwich

Silver Member
The sort of person who can afford this sort of money on anything apart from a house will be so rich it'll be the equivalent of me buying a coffee. Pulling the positives from the article, it's already been on display a the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame for 5 years for people to see, the sale proceeds are going to charity (yes people will take cuts but at this level that's how charity works), anyone who wants to see it is welcome to go to Julien's Auctions for free from June 7th to 11th, and if it takes items like these as the catalyst for the mega rich to donate to charity (they're happy to "overpay" to get something in return) then fair enough.
The article name checks some of Kurt Cobain's instruments and clothing that sold from $6 million, through the $300,000+ range down to $22,400. As someone who isn't a fan of Nirvana I've got no interest in those. As someone who still remembers the buzz around school the day after the Black Sabbath gig at which Van Halen in support blew the roof off on their 1980 Invasion Tour, & the fact that I missed the one opportunity to see Van Halen in the UK as they subsequently only ever played festivals to my knowledge, then if I was mega rich I'd seriously consider this kit and several others of the items in the catalogue. I might play it then subsequently have no use for it and loan it somewhere and that would be my decision to make. I certainly wouldn't consider it an investment.