Worldwide brotherhood of drummers

supermac

Just returned to England from holiday in France,

On the way there on the Eurostar train from London to Paris, I was reading a copy of Modern Drummer when the American guy sitting opposite me asked "Do you play?"

What followed was a highly enjoyable hour of conversation about what gear we used, influences, favourite drummers etc, etc.

Then we moved on to our jobs, domestic situation etc.

In short, even though, we live on different continents, we had so much in common, not least a love of drumming and music.

The guy was called Steve and was an attorney. If you're out there, mate, it was nice meeting you...

And if you didn't live 3,000 miles away, I'd hook up with you for a beer some time!

Apostile

From friday 17th until sunday the 19th of october the Dutch ambassadors were together at Sparrenhof (something like the camp in Kincumber). The weather was beautiful, and there was time for fun and reflection.

We reminised Tomohon by re-reading all the meditations. We asked ourselves these questions: What effect did the meditations have on our lives? What call do these teksts have to myself? Have I changed through experiences and insights that I got in this journey?
Clear is the fact that everyone had an enriching experience, e.g. by growing stronger in faith and daring better to express their belief in public.

Finally, all Ambassadors put two clear objectives to themselves for the the time coming. Even after World Youth Day, the Ambassadors of a Worldwide Brotherhood are in full swing!

ace76543

From friday 17th until sunday the 19th of october the Dutch ambassadors were together at Sparrenhof (something like the camp in Kincumber). The weather was beautiful, and there was time for fun and reflection.

We reminised Tomohon by re-reading all the meditations. We asked ourselves these questions: What effect did the meditations have on our lives? What call do these teksts have to myself? Have I changed through experiences and insights that I got in this journey?
Clear is the fact that everyone had an enriching experience, e.g. by growing stronger in faith and daring better to express their belief in public.

Finally, all Ambassadors put two clear objectives to themselves for the the time coming. Even after World Youth Day, the Ambassadors of a Worldwide Brotherhood are in full swing!
you're a dutch ambassador? wow

ace76543

Is this a drumming related post? Just wondering what the connection was...
C
i don't know where to start answering that. do i start with the fact that you're a hypocrite for posting that? do i start with the fact that it's a complete waste of a post? do i start with the fact that i was just asking a simple question, not to you by the way, and no one's worse for wear if it was answered and everyone just moved on? i don't know. being an ambassador for a country is a huge achievement, i just wanted to make sure i was getting the story right. it wasn't drumming related, but it was related to the post

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Just returned to England from holiday in France,

On the way there on the Eurostar train from London to Paris, I was reading a copy of Modern Drummer when the American guy sitting opposite me asked "Do you play?"

What followed was a highly enjoyable hour of conversation about what gear we used, influences, favourite drummers etc, etc.

Then we moved on to our jobs, domestic situation etc.

In short, even though, we live on different continents, we had so much in common, not least a love of drumming and music.

The guy was called Steve and was an attorney. If you're out there, mate, it was nice meeting you...

And if you didn't live 3,000 miles away, I'd hook up with you for a beer some time!
What a neat story!