Wobbling away on stage...

Cmdr. Ross

Platinum Member
I work with special needs kids in my public school. We recently got a few of these wobble chairs for our department & as I sat on it, I thought, "If this were higher, it would make a great drum throne."
I found out they make a 17.5" version of this & with a good 2 inches of padding on top, it might work well.

My throne at home is around the 23" range, and the motion of the throne might be a good way to keep the core strong & the butt muscles from getting sore.

Thoughts?

Wobble chair.jpg

Perhaps if it was taller. Even with 2" of foam it's still too short for me. Not sure if I could run both feet while wobbling. It might be like playing on an exercise ball.

Personally I might concentrate to much on falling backwards...but if you sit rrreeeal still you can do it. While you are rocking and rolling your kids are right there with you..hang on!..dont fall off!.

Perhaps if it was taller. Even with 2" of foam it's still too short for me. Not sure if I could run both feet while wobbling. It might be like playing on an exercise ball.
I'll play with height adjustment and see how it pans out.
Personally I might concentrate to much on falling backwards...but if you sit rrreeeal still you can do it. While you are rocking and rolling your kids are right there with you..hang on!..dont fall off!.
They have a great base and actually don't allow the chair to fall over. The "wobble" isn't very much, but it's enough for the one seated to move around a bit. This is why I felt it would be a good drum throne as it'll move a little, but not enough to hinder double bass & the like how an exercise ball would.

I'll return and report on how this goes.

I'll play with height adjustment and see how it pans out.

They have a great base and actually don't allow the chair to fall over. The "wobble" isn't very much, but it's enough for the one seated to move around a bit. This is why I felt it would be a good drum throne as it'll move a little, but not enough to hinder double bass & the like how an exercise ball would.

I'll return and report on how this goes.
You may be on to something. Keep on keepin on.

Ha my smoking hot butt from years of running is whst attracted my wife then about age of 50 or so it started deflating like a flat tire so nothing to hold up my britches. Thankfully the other thing that attracted my wife didn’t shrink too. Otherwise I’d have to wear suspenders.

Back