Wish list 2022

It’s a Swiss crash. Like the cheese. I have one. It’s a monster cymbal. Very loud when struck hard, or a low-sounding waterfall when played on its edge.

Used during the chorus sections of this tune (the ride used during the piano solo is a Paiste 20” Signature Mellow ride).

My bad, i guess i was lurking too much in @Bo Eder's thread about the 24" Swish ;)

That sounds like a good setup. I’ve found myself drawn to Paiste more and more. I really want to try out the 2002 16” hats in person.

Every time i hear a set of hats bigger than 14" i start to drool. When i see/hear vids on big hats they seem much more dynamic to me. Ok, they have lower pitch, but to me it seems you can get so much more out of them.

What has been holding me back is my vast collection of cymbals, but i really want this. It is good to have a vault of goodies, but i feel like now is the time to move on and get some Paiste goodies :)

I was actually finally thinking of pulling the trigger on a Gretsch Bell Brass snare, following profits from gigging, as its one of my holy grail snares and I've been after one for years since playing one.

Imagine my surprise to find out they've gone up from around £999 (when I last looked) to now around £1,300

No longer on my wish list, now I just wish for World Peace.

I was actually finally thinking of pulling the trigger on a Gretsch Bell Brass snare, following profits from gigging, as its one of my holy grail snares and I've been after one for years since playing one.

Imagine my surprise to find out they've gone up from around £999 (when I last looked) to now around £1,300

No longer on my wish list, now I just wish for World Peace.
I’m with you mate, more chance of the latter than spending that on a snare drum!!😲
Alison Brie What GIF

I’m with you mate, more chance of the latter than spending that on a snare drum!!😲
Alison Brie What GIF

The operation I'd need to undertake to

1. Sneak it into the house
2. Stop the other half looking up the cost online
3. Potentially quickly escape to South America

Would simply not be worth the hassle

The operation I'd need to undertake to

1. Sneak it into the house
2. Stop the other half looking up the cost online
3. Potentially quickly escape to South America

Would simply not be worth the hassle
I vote for the first option.
Remember creativity wins the most points.

My wife doesn’t realize our bed is my Octaplus leveled, and covered with memory foam and nice fitted sheets.

Our kitchen table has an extra long cloth drooping inches from the floor that covers my Pearl kick drum and three wooden saw horses to stand up on.

I vote for the first option.
Remember creativity wins the most points.

My wife doesn’t realize our bed is my Octaplus leveled, and covered with memory foam and nice fitted sheets.

Our kitchen table has an extra long cloth drooping inches from the floor that covers my Pearl kick drum and three wooden saw horses to stand up on.

Oh I like your style, I now have goals to work towards.

If it's just a 'wish' (fantasy) list, then I toy with the idea of expanding my Classic Maple set into a shell bank.

They've taken a nasty price hike recently though,
so it'll probably just remain an idea unless a crash/recession results in some big price drops.

If I could get anything right now it would be two Pearl Session Studio Selects, one with the 24x14 bass drum and one with the 22x16, swap out the extra 16" floor tom for the 8" rack. In barnwood. Mock-up:View attachment 122704

How/where did you make that?

My wishlist has changed... agian... i guess... haha
Last weekend was viewing some old videos and noticed how nicely the cymbals cut through, which were Paiste. Have been on the prowl for some Paistes anyway, bit thinking of letting my idea for Big Beats go and focus on more cutting cymbals. Really like the Signature 22" Monad Dry Heavy Ride (Danny Carey sig ride) and the Signature 18" Fast Crash. Might pair that with an 18 or 19" Full Crash or even the new Mellow Crash. Haven't decided on hats, but a Sound Edge is something i think i want.

If you search Session Studio Select you should be able to find it and open the 3D. Drumstructor is a fun little time sink.
Holy smokes, you sure your not wanting the 20” gong drum?

I have a discontinued finish STS, but have recently spotted these new finishes, they are ash finishes that are lacquer.

If these were available when I purchased my kit I’d have a lot more thinking to do.

EFCBD193-0725-4320-AC5C-73FC3D2BA456.jpeg
1660264448496.jpeg

Gonna get a new set of pies by the end of the year. Will probably order them 2 weeks from now because that way i can try them out during our first rehearsal after taking a 4 month break. Going to get me some Paistes:

Signature 22" Monad Dry Heavy Ride (hope it's available by then, seems out of stock at the moment and there's a 5-7 weeks wait time)
Signature 18 and 19" Full Crashes
Signature 14" Sound Edge Hihat

Then probably next year going to complete it by getting 17 and 20" Full Crashes, 2002 20" China and most likely 8 and 10" 2002 Splashes.

Back