Wish list 2021...

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
It's hard to say really because so much changed in regards to my needs when work life changed.

I'll probably get me one of those 20x8 Farmer Foot Drums bass drums pretty soon, maybe add some single headed toms to it, but I've been in need of a change and chose to get on with some new hobbies, the main one being archery. I'm practicing on targets most days, but it's mainly to add to my outdoors vocabulary when bow hunting becomes legal in Norway, hopefully pretty soon.

C.M. Jones

Same here. The Blue Bell looks very well thought out, it has artistic qualities to it. Carey's ride looks like a teenager with paint and stickers got ahold of it.
Carey's purple ride almost has a festive, Mardi Gras disposition. It doesn't seem to fit Tool's cerebral, probing identity. It should feature a displaced alien unable to adapt to an Earth realm steeped in frivolity and decay, perhaps against the backdrop of a black and dismal void.

Justinhub2003

Same here. The Blue Bell looks very well thought out, it has artistic qualities to it. Carey's ride looks like a teenager with paint and stickers got ahold of it.

Disagree.

Danny added things he’s been really interested in for years.

John dee, Crowley, the occult. The ride is called the Monad which means “ to the Supreme Being, divinity or the totality of all things.”

It fits right in line with the stuff that has littered Danny’s kit & back drop for years.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Disagree.

Danny added things he’s been really interested in for years.

John dee, Crowley, the occult. The ride is called the Monad which means “ to the Supreme Being, divinity or the totality of all things.”

It fits right in line with the stuff that has littered Danny’s kit & back drop for years.
I just dont like how it looks, that's all. The thing at the bottom looks like the female symbol with devil horns and big feet. I find it cheesy. I could care less about what all it's supposed to mean. It's a cymbal, not a symbol.

Justinhub2003

I just dont like how it looks, that's all. The thing at the bottom looks like the female symbol with devil horns and big feet. I find it cheesy. I could care less about what all it's supposed to mean. It's a cymbal, not a symbol.

I mean I didn’t buy it for it’s looks. Though I do think the purple finish looks cool on my kit. I bought it because I feel Danny plays some really great Ride patterns and his ride sound always cut through the mix live or in the studio.

As a guy who has zero interest in listening to jazz, it was Danny’s ride patterns that made me want to learn these really jazzy ride patterns.

I feel like some people have signature cymbals just because the are popular names but DC has a specific need from a ride and his signature ride is one of the few signature cymbals that feels distinctively like the player who endorses it

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I might finally clamp down and get the Zildjian 20" K Custom ride cymbal I have been wanting for 20 years

I also am getting a Rav Vast Golden Gate C tongue/pan drum

still looking at getting a Toyota Tacoma as well...gear towing/bike bringing/camping facilitator

and would LOVE to have a new house/space for all of my stuff. Right now, living in this townhouse just sux...everyone else has space for their stuff but me...

drumnut87

maybe a 2nd bass drum mic and stand, but not essential. all i want is somewhere i can get into and play my damn drums!! havent hit any drum since september! *cries*

Old Dog new Cans

I don't really have a wishlist for next year. I am getting ready to start my next resto-mod project! I have a 14x22 Slingerland Stage Band bass drum. I've already ditched the wrap that was falling off when it arrived (it had yellow satin flame which IMO is THE ugliest drum wrap ever). I picked up a 12x15 snare shell which I will be using as a floor tom. . . .and it's possible I may throw a strainer and butt, wires on it and experiment with the snom thing. I find it interesting that this size drum was being used as kit snares. The 15 is wrapped with a black sparkle, I will also be removing. (sidenote story on the 15--the guy I bought it from messaged me after I bought it and asked if I wanted to buy another one. I asked if it was the same. He said yes it's the same size and in better shape with the same wrap. Seriously bro?? You think I want the same but better after you didn't offer it BEFOREHAND? jerk). I also picked up a 9x13 tom that actually has all of it's original hardware and wasn't much more than $150. I'm going feel bad when I remove the black diamond pearl wrap. It's nearly flawless.

I have basically everything except for tension rods for the 15. Oh! The copper sparkle delmar wrap from Jammin' Sam's already arrived today. Looks spectacular.

I'm hoping I can fit a rail mount on the bass (it has a center lug design--double ended). I love the look of the iNDE rail mount. Normally you replace lugs with Josh's design. I will simply be adding a mount, there are no previous holes drilled. There was a cymbal arm attached. I also like iNDE's design, but i haven't looked to see if DW and Gibraltar have offerings that are "retro-styled". I have already purchased DW's hoop mount spurs, so I may stick with DW hardware if I can get everything I want.

This will keep me busy for a few months.

#Al Strange, I will hopefully have that Premier shell finished up soon. I'll post up pics.

Hewitt2

More drum lessons with professional drummers I admire.

Some of my best lessons have been hearing their experiences on what motivates them, how they practice, struggles they experienced, etc. that have nothing to do with getting technical insights.

Honestly, drum lessons are way more valuable to becoming a good drummer than getting another cymbal or drum I really don’t need at this point.