Winter namm 2020

incrementalg

Gold Member
I just saw a post from Ludwig on Facebook stating a major announcement is coming in a few days with a sparkling Ludwig badge graphic. Maybe I’m off but that strikes me as being bigger than a speed king reveal.

toonamike

I just saw a post from Ludwig on Facebook stating a major announcement is coming in a few days with a sparkling Ludwig badge graphic. Maybe I’m off but that strikes me as being bigger than a speed king reveal.
Oak leaves behind the Ludwig logo and oak barrels in the header image. Whatever could they be up to in Monroe? :whistle:

Skrivarna

While there are a few other places large enough, the logistics play a huge part. In Anaheim, the convention center is right in the midst of a ton of hotels and restaurants (that exist for the benefit of Disneyland as a destination,) all within walking distance, and with somewhat attractive rates. I dare say Chicago is a lot more expensive in the vicinity of McCormick Place, and there's just not that much to do right there for NAMM attenders who want to take a day for themselves. Now, Vegas is a different story in terms of hotels and stuff to do, and is over the top entertainment-wise compared to Disneyland. But who knows what they charge to rent the facility out for the approx. 3 weeks that NAMM does?

Bermuda
I guess a move to Las Vegas makes sense, but that would probably also mean moving the dates a few weeks. CES always has first/second week of January, and having two huge conventions back to back means involves some logistics...

Those PDP snares look cool, and I like that they're now offering 13x9, 16x16, 24x14 sizes in concept maple. That's what I've been wanting for a while now, maybe it's time to get a new kit...?

CYP47

Those PDP snares look cool, and I like that they're now offering 13x9, 16x16, 24x14 sizes in concept maple. That's what I've been wanting for a while now, maybe it's time to get a new kit...?
I wish they would do the wood hoop kits with round over bearing edges and different lugs

TJK

The first thing I thought when seeing that USA kit was woah, beautiful. The second thing I thought was DW.
Would that be a good thing or bad thing? 😱
I honestly think it’s a good thing due to the prowess dw has in making fantastic hardware. There’s no denying that dw employs top notch engineers that design great hardware. It would be a dream to work for them. I sound like a fanboy but the engineer in me has much respect

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I found out those DS drums from Italy (that look suspiciously like DW) will also be at NAMM. I’m kinda interested in seeing those.

Last edited:

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
I found out those DS drums from Italy (that look suspiciously like DW) will also be at NAMM. I’m kinda interesting in seeing those.
Finally after 20 or so years since I have seen them the first time.

They were founded in 1995.

I remember them when they were an exact copy of DW like Adams Drums.

They have grown in their own class now.