Winter namm 2020

toonamike

I just saw a post from Ludwig on Facebook stating a major announcement is coming in a few days with a sparkling Ludwig badge graphic. Maybe I’m off but that strikes me as being bigger than a speed king reveal.
Oak leaves behind the Ludwig logo and oak barrels in the header image. Whatever could they be up to in Monroe? :whistle:

Skrivarna

While there are a few other places large enough, the logistics play a huge part. In Anaheim, the convention center is right in the midst of a ton of hotels and restaurants (that exist for the benefit of Disneyland as a destination,) all within walking distance, and with somewhat attractive rates. I dare say Chicago is a lot more expensive in the vicinity of McCormick Place, and there's just not that much to do right there for NAMM attenders who want to take a day for themselves. Now, Vegas is a different story in terms of hotels and stuff to do, and is over the top entertainment-wise compared to Disneyland. But who knows what they charge to rent the facility out for the approx. 3 weeks that NAMM does?

Bermuda
I guess a move to Las Vegas makes sense, but that would probably also mean moving the dates a few weeks. CES always has first/second week of January, and having two huge conventions back to back means involves some logistics...

Those PDP snares look cool, and I like that they're now offering 13x9, 16x16, 24x14 sizes in concept maple. That's what I've been wanting for a while now, maybe it's time to get a new kit...?

CYP47

Those PDP snares look cool, and I like that they're now offering 13x9, 16x16, 24x14 sizes in concept maple. That's what I've been wanting for a while now, maybe it's time to get a new kit...?
I wish they would do the wood hoop kits with round over bearing edges and different lugs

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I found out those DS drums from Italy (that look suspiciously like DW) will also be at NAMM. I’m kinda interested in seeing those.

Last edited:

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
I found out those DS drums from Italy (that look suspiciously like DW) will also be at NAMM. I’m kinda interesting in seeing those.
Finally after 20 or so years since I have seen them the first time.

They were founded in 1995.

I remember them when they were an exact copy of DW like Adams Drums.

They have grown in their own class now.

Drumprof

Would that be a good thing or bad thing? 😱
I honestly think it’s a good thing due to the prowess dw has in making fantastic hardware. There’s no denying that dw employs top notch engineers that design great hardware. It would be a dream to work for them. I sound like a fanboy but the engineer in me has much respect
A good thing for Gretsch I believe.
Now I don’t play DW, but I’m not a hater. They make great drums, just not my thing.

Don’t know why it hit me the way it did. It just Jumped into my mind, that it looks like a Drum Workshop influenced line. good for them.

TK-421

The first thing I thought when seeing that USA kit was woah, beautiful. The second thing I thought was DW.
I wasn't thinking DW until I saw this. Now I can't unsee it. Is DW good for Gretsch? As long as they're only investing in capital and marketing, the answer is yes. And I suppose ensuring the highest/consistent quality is also a good thing.

But as soon as they start influencing their product lines with exotic this and 10,000-year-old bog-extracted that, I'm sorry, but the answer is a resounding NO! Gretsch is not only one of the most historic names in drum building, they're also one of the most revered. To treat this jewel of a brand like some product line extension is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it seems plausible at the very least. Hopefully this is the extent of it, rather than the tip of the iceberg.

Drumprof

I wasn't thinking DW until I saw this. Now I can't unsee it. Is DW good for Gretsch? As long as they're only investing in capital and marketing, the answer is yes. And I suppose ensuring the highest/consistent quality is also a good thing.

But as soon as they start influencing their product lines with exotic this and 10,000-year-old bog-extracted that, I'm sorry, but the answer is a resounding NO! Gretsch is not only one of the most historic names in drum building, they're also one of the most revered. To treat this jewel of a brand like some product line extension is just wrong on so many levels.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it seems plausible at the very least. Hopefully this is the extent of it, rather than the tip of the iceberg.
Sorry about that bro. Like I said I don’t know why that thought popped in my head. Maybe it’s the name River Cypress or whatever.
I’m just used to seeing beautiful Gretsch satins, lacquer’s and wraps. It is amazing though.
I do agree with most of what you said but didn’t mean to open a proverbial can of worms.