Will noise affect antiques?

Emmaticus00

So guys, yesterday during Thanksgiving, I received a Cookie Monster cookie jar. I have a 15 foot by 13 foot room with an 8 foot ceiling. I'm worried about my drumming shattering or cracking this ceramic 35 old collectible that my dad had. Do I pose any danger to my antique? And if so, how could I prevent it?

Attachments

• d.png
    d.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 294
Depends where you store it in the room, in terms of it actually cracking due to the vibration (and it not falling or anything) I highly doubt will ever happen.
Cool jar btw.

Its about 6 or 7 feet away on a 4 foot tall bookshelf. Its definetly not going anywhere in terms of slipping or falling.

I would say personally you'll be fine, only thing I would personally be worried about is it "jumping" across the shelf due to vibration but if you are happy then crack on son.
*pun intended*

If you crack a ceramic Cookie Monster jar by playing....without it falling....the Guinness Book of World Records people may want to have a word with you lol. I would put him on a piece of rubber, or a mouse pad so he doesn't vibrate off.

Keep it filled with really heavily loaded chocolate chip cookies, you know the kind with big ol chunks of chocolate... they weigh more.

It is on a bookshelf !
If it is valuable, just to be safe, move it to the bottom shelf, near the floor.

So guys, yesterday during Thanksgiving, I received a Cookie Monster cookie jar. I have a 15 foot by 13 foot room with an 8 foot ceiling. I'm worried about my drumming shattering or cracking this ceramic 35 old collectible that my dad had. Do I pose any danger to my antique? And if so, how could I prevent it?
I would be proud of my son (if I had a son) if he cracked a cookie jar with his drumming..

- Drumming is not "noise".

- 35 year old piece is not "antique".

If cookie monster is sentient I would put him in another room so the sounds don't bother him.

If you are creating enough vibration that you think that he could fall, move him somewhere else.

Great Cookie Jar!!

Gotta rig it to yell "COOOOKIE!!!" when the lid is opened...

In the 40+ years I've been playing I have yet to break anything via my drum set with sympathetic vibrations(no amplification, mind you).

If its a concern, I would wrap it up and safely store it....as something over the years will hit it or knock it over.

This post is funny. It should have been done in Cookie Monster lingo though.

"Me have antique coookie jar and me like to play drums...", etc., etc.

If you see the Cookie Monster put his hands over his ears while you are playing I would take that as a sign that he may jump to his death to end the torture :)

I would be more worried about a stick flying out of my hand and hitting him than the vibrations.

Cookie Monster rules. He was my hero when I was like 4-5 years old.

Back