Will i be able to play real drums???

Well i love drums and i really want to play a real drum set, but it will be too expensive.So i am asking can i play a real drum set if i'm good at DrumMania. I get S/A ranks in DrumMania with a difficulty of 50 to 70 without using auto bass drum.

Answer: Sure!! What makes you even doubt it?
If you're not disabled and put in some time and effort - yes. Even being disabled isn't an insurmountable obstacle as many prove. So no, there's nothing limiting you. You've been able to register on this forum and type a post so you qualify 100% for being able to learn the drums.

What's your budget? You can get ok drumsets for low money and those will be more than enough to get started and have fun.

Drop that play/virtual crap stuff, get real, play the real thing. Don't waste your time.

How old are you?

Answer: Sure!! What makes you even doubt it?

What's your budget? You can get ok drumsets for low money and those will be more than enough to get started and have fun.

Drop that play/virtual crap stuff, get real, play the real thing. Don't waste your time.

How old are you?

i'm 14/15 this year but i'm really afraid that my parents won't allow me to play the real thing

Ok, I guess the playing level related to drums might be a problem. There are ways to keep the level down though, muffling the drums/cymbals. And as a starter a practice pad and a kick pad or maybe some practice kit like the DW Go Anywhere practice kit will be enough to get into it.

Nowadays is a great time to start learning the drums. It has definitely never been easier, and even never been cheaper (considering the quality you're getting for a certain amount of money)! You have countless superb tutorials available - books, CDs, DVDs, online lessons... amazing.

Ok, I guess the playing level related to drums might be a problem. There are ways to keep the level down though, muffling the drums/cymbals. And as a starter a practice pad and a kick pad or maybe some practice kit like the DW Go Anywhere practice kit will be enough to get into it.

Nowadays is a great time to start learning the drums. It has definitely never been easier, and even never been cheaper (considering the quality you're getting for a certain amount of money)! You have countless superb tutorials available - books, CDs, DVDs, online lessons... amazing.

Umm i always practice with myself while i watched drum lesson videos, practicing with hitting cardboxes.And actually what i really wanted was to go to drum lessons and see if i'm ok then buy a cheap drum set.

Well i only play as good as this guy-->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WvYKo_J42s
I'm wondering if i can play the real drums like i did in DrumMania,because there is much more feel while playing the real drums.

Of course you'll be able to do it - and start as soon as you can so that you can enjoy a whole lifetime of drumming! My biggest regret is that I've missed out on about 35 years of playing.

Your idea of going to drum lessons is a wise one. Then, when your parents realise how dedicated you are, and how much you are enjoying playing, they may not object as much as you think to your getting a proper kit. As Arky says, you can get muffler pads to put over your drums and cymbals. They do a good job of deadening the sound but not interfering too much with the feel.

Most parents just want their kids to be happy and to stay out of trouble. A drum kit can do both of those things!

There's a bunch of us out there who developed a love for playing on things like Rock Band and this Drum Mania (I had never heard of that before but it looks similar to RB). Nothing wrong with that! The only thing you need to realize is that playing real drums is nothing like those games....it's better but different and much more difficult to learn.

As long as you don't have the expectation of going to a few lessons and being able to play like Neil Peart or whoever your drumming idol is, and you're willing to start from scratch and learn proper techniques and such then go for it. You won't regret it!

As for cost, look for a used kit...you could pick up something decent for a beginner pretty inexpensively. You don't need a huge kit to start with anyways. If it's something you're passionate about then talk to your parents about it seriously and show them it's something you really want and not something you're going to give up on after a few months.

Good luck!

i'm 14/15 this year but i'm really afraid that my parents won't allow me to play the real thing

Taking lessons will be a way to show your parents if your interest is serious or just impulsive. Most parents don't want to invest $300+ in something that will be collecting dust in the garage in two months, or just a novelty for your friends to beat on when hanging out at your house. Show them you are willing to put effort into it by trying some lessons and when they see you are making some progress then they will likely see it is not something you are going to get bored with in a month, and be willing to get you set up.

You are at a much better age than I was when I started!

Back