Will binder clips hurt my kick drum hoops?

Quai34

I use an apps in my band and all is in the Apps, setlist, charts, mp3, midi program changes, etc. So, my previous drummer was not using it a lot because, as a non reader drummer, he was learning everything by Heart and needed just the setlist, so, he had a little stand with a tablet that I made for him, left side for papers, right side his Mackie (well, mine, I bring/buy everything to everyone in the band...) Mix8 for his monitoring IEM.
But the next drummer was a strong reader and he needed the charts so, I found a place for the iPad, just under a cymbal, see below:
Do you see it? Under the Meinl jazz crash and on top of the Sabian Sizzler stack?IMG_20210529_214611.jpg

vyacheslav

You don't have to be that fancy. I keep mine on the floor and put it under the leg of my hi-hat stand so it won't move or blow away.

If you need it closer, just carry a roll of painter's tape with you and tape it to a stand or floor tom hoop.

Frosticles

Silver Member
I usually tape mine to the monitor. If we play without one then I rest it on the floor next to the Hi-Hat :)

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Inspired by this thread, I’ve softened a bulldog/binder clip by lining each ‘jaw’ with a thin strip of gaffa tape, and I’m going to try it at today’s gig - clipping the setlist onto the bass drum.
The clip with gaff along the edge worked perfectly - no scratching of the hoop, and my setlist with notes about how each sing starts and ends was right there on the bass drum, but out of sight for the audience.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Update: I used binder clips this past weekend, and they worked GREAT!!! My set list has the BPM's listed for each song, so it's imperative that I have a list that's highly visible. I'm keeping all of this in my kickdrum case. I know I may be scratching the hoop, so I may tape up the ends at some point, but for now, this will work.

193941773_4549407645087561_6571136279415692586_n.jpg

194216431_4549407748420884_317441035752727398_n.jpg

Otto

Platinum Member
You folks don't just memorize it by reading through it once?

I am disillusioned!

...wait...isn't this what music stands are for? ; )