Why the hate? (Lars Ulrich)

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I don't hate Lars in general; I hate that he gets put on a pedestal of being a great drummer because of album sales and notoriety...but that is how it goes in a society where bigger/richer/more subscriptions etc equate talent. I will end that rant here....

honestly, back in the day, I could not get past Charlie Benante, Gar Samulesson and Dave Lombardo to notice Lars...I loved the first 4 Metallica albums, but Lars was always just adequate compared to many of the other guys at the time...

doggyd69b

Well you're a very lucky man but did he play the double bass part? The answer is noooo 😁

He admitted to being a "studio cheat" even on the album version (ie he would get through a few bars of double bass, run out of steam, then punch in the next bit).

Well you're a very lucky man but did he play the double bass part? The answer is noooo 😁

He admitted to being a "studio cheat" even on the album version (ie he would get through a few bars of double bass, run out of steam, then punch in the next bit).
He did play it, not perfect but pretty damn close, it was actually a tad bit faster than recorded, I could tell because James just gave him the "slow down" look....