Why JUSTIN TYSON is not on drummerworld yet?

Drummerworld is much more than just this forum, and is one of the most respected sites on the internet thanks to Bernhard taking it seriously.

Why so serious? Because it matters. And that's why the OP is trying so hard to get that drummer on the list. This isn't just any "internet site".

Bermuda
I'm just curious, i live well anyway.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Rather than lamenting that Justin isn't on DW, it could be positively suggested that he be included. Highlight the positive change not the perceived negative. It's more likely to be accepted. The former way raises people's defenses, because they are being called out for not doing something. Not a good way to accomplish something positive if you want support.

The "what are you waiting for" comment in the OP shows no gratitude at all for the great content already here. Try imagining if you did all this work and put this GREAT website together, put your heart...and money...into it...and someone comes along and criticizes because they feel it lacks in one certain area. I know it would make me feel less than appreciated. This is a privilege here. It's not good to bite hands that offer food.

So thanks Bernhard for this GREAT website and thanks to everyone who works to make this happen, John, Jon, and Andy and anyone else I'm not aware of. I get so much from this place. It's THE best drumming website in the world.

Rather than lamenting that Justin isn't on DW, it could be positively suggested that he be included. Highlight the positive change not the perceived negative. It's more likely to be accepted. The former way raises people's defenses, because they are being called out for not doing something. Not a good way to accomplish something positive if you want support.

The "what are you waiting for" comment in the OP shows no gratitude at all for the great content already here. Try imagining if you did all this work and put this GREAT website together, put your heart...and money...into it...and someone comes along and criticizes because they feel it lacks in one certain area. I know it would make me feel less than appreciated. This is a privilege here. It's not good to bite hands that offer food.

So thanks Bernhard for this GREAT website and thanks to everyone who works to make this happen, John, Jon, and Andy and anyone else I'm not aware of. I get so much from this place. It's THE best drumming website in the world.

danondrums

Drummerworld is much more than just this forum, and is one of the most respected sites on the internet thanks to Bernhard taking it seriously.

Why so serious? Because it matters. And that's why the OP is trying so hard to get that drummer on the list. This isn't just any internet site.

Bermuda
I didn’t mean to diminish the work that goes into this great site so my apologies for that. Was just feeling a sense of urgency and disappointment from the original poster that seemed a little over the top.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well my bet Bernhard will read this thread-sooner and later-or just by chance see a video of Justin playing with Herbie Hancock, etc. and add Justin to the list. It seems to go that way from past experiences = A forum member suggest a new drummer to be added, the forum members all respond to request-sometimes drama, and then one day Bernhard will just announce a new drummer to line up-as he does periodically with no requests or interest from any member. In my mind a more direct suggestion with perhaps a detailed bio to Bernhard and leave it at that. I started the Wikipedia article on DW and appealed to Bernhard (I was an active science editor at time) for his contributions-I thought it deserving of an article though it has remained dormant. Wow just looked it up-12 years ago, and I've been a member going on 13 years now. Dang time flies when you're having fun.

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
I thank Bermuda, LarryAce, GetAgrippina and some more for the kind words.

So i stated my position here:

How to become a Drummerworld Drummer?

This is asked many times and I try to give my points:

In the past we had a Wishlist - with more than 1000 names on it...

1. No - the list is not limited to 500 drummers - there are about 520 - but i don't want a list of 1000 or more....
2. In the past i had many direct contacts with the best of the best by traveling from Show to Show around the world - now in my seventies i work from my desktop.
3. I try to take personal contact to new drummers for asking them to be included - sometimes they are happy - sometimes they don't answer...so here we go - no problem.
4. Some drummers don't want to appear in the list...probably for copyright reasons or wanted to be paid (Terry Bozzio)
5. I also made the mistake to add drummers too early - a few years later they dissappeared and I hestitate to erase - not easy - but i'm more careful now.
6. I agree, that my personal liking takes some influence - but i try to be fair.
7. Playing with Herbie Hancock or John Scofield is not the only criterion: they used more than 300 drummers in the past, is it for checking out new talent or possibly monetary reasons....lol....
8. No, i'm not too lazy - no hurry. At the moment i'm working on: Paul Brochu - Jason Sutter - Jeremy Stacey - Brooks Wackerman - Clem Burke...and some more...

Discussion for new names is open and yes, Justin is an option... but Drummerworld is a free site and have no obligation or liability to add somebody.

Thanks for taking time

Bernhard

newoldie

Silver Member
All things considered, this was actually a good post and generated a clearer understanding for the how and why of the drummer selection on this website (at least in my case).
So thanks everyone for weighing in honestly and thanks Bernhard for doing things his way and making it all possible.
DW has made an incredible difference in my 2nd half of life drumming journey.

That's how I read your posts as well, you're trying way too hard for this guy.
You are wrong too. I tried way too hard? Are you kidding me? I just started a thread asking a question, what's hurting your feelings? The videos?
C'mon man, don't be ridiculous!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Keepgrooving I assume you've read Bernhard's post. And now you're being ridiculous-I imagine most posters think the same-Occam's razor. You "spam" a bunch of videos-way more with Maison- then read stuff into people responses (What's hurting your feeling, must not be interested in drums, etc) and mock posters (as you did Larry). You seem aggressive and not wanting to take no for an answer (as you've suggested Justin more than once) and while the administrators have given you fair warning and other members told you how it works -you just keep on being uncivil rather than ratchet it down. You seem to want to get banned-a good way is telling an administrator he's wrong in this situation. If I were you I'd apologize and start off with a better attitude because I don't believe you're intention is to come off so aggressive nor to get yourself banned. Now you've suggested Justin ,more than once, and others so just leave it be (all great drummers by the way)-just express your suggestion in a polite way and see what happens. Who knows Justin may not want to be on DW and reject Bernhard's request as others have done, or refused to let DW use their videos-as others have done. As you see the drummers list is no simple issue.

Last edited:

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
You are wrong too. I tried way too hard? Are you kidding me? I just started a thread asking a question, what's hurting your feelings? The videos?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize, or ruffle the admins.

danondrums

It's just annoying when people aren't polite. That's really all.
Bernhard supplied a very thorough and thoughtful response that answers your question yet you haven't thanked/acknowledged the response.
But you have had the time to tell multiple people giving you the same feedback that they are all wrong and that they are being ridiculous.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! Have a great day!