Why JUSTIN TYSON is not on drummerworld yet?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Who does he play with?

Artist affiliation and/or level of influence are usually more important criteria for being on the list than the drummer's technical ability. For example, I'm on the Drummerworld list - and very proud of that - yet I'm definitely not known for any fireworks behind the kit.

Bermuda

NouveauCliche

Who does he play with?

Artist affiliation and/or level of influence are usually more important criteria for being on the list than the drummer's technical ability. For example, I'm on the Drummerworld list - and very proud of that - yet I'm definitely not known for any fireworks behind the kit.

Bermuda
Just from a quick google search:

Esperanza Spalding
Corey King
Robert Glasper

Someone made a thread here at one point:

Dude can play for sure.

Who does he play with?

Bermuda
Other than the artists mentioned above, JT has played on the last Herbie Hancock's European tour in November 2019:

Artist affiliation and/or level of influence are usually more important criteria for being on the list than the drummer's technical ability.
It's not exactly true. In 2018 i started a thread about a drummer who doesn't meet the criteria you've indicated....
Why he's on drummerworld and Justin Tyson not yet?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
It's not exactly true. In 2018 i started a thread about a drummer who doesn't meet the criteria you've indicated....
Why he's on drummerworld and Justin Tyson not yet?
Because Bernhard is the final say and the one who introduces new drummers to DW (just like the thread you referenced). If you feel strongly about one then you need to appeal to Bernhard by messaging instead of spamming here. I'm not disagreeing with your request but we get lots of appeals here and usually met with knee jerk resistance. So posters really need to directly appeal to Bernhard-it's his effort, generosity, that makes the site great. The administrators are all awesome but their jobs isn't monitoring the DW players list but to monitor forum member activities.

bermuda

Staff member
It's not exactly true. In 2018 i started a thread about a drummer who doesn't meet the criteria you've indicated
I did say "usually more important criteria for being on the list than the drummer's technical ability" which means I know there are some exceptions.

But they are not the rule.

Bermuda

Because Bernhard is the final say and the one who introduces new drummers to DW (just like the thread you referenced). If you feel strongly about one then you need to appeal to Bernhard by messaging instead of spamming here. I'm not disagreeing with your request but we get lots of appeals here and usually met with knee jerk resistance. So posters really need to directly appeal to Bernhard-it's his effort, generosity, that makes the site great. The administrators are all awesome but their jobs isn't monitoring the DW players list but to monitor forum member activities.
If you think this is a thread of spam you don't have much interest in drums....

I did say "usually more important criteria for being on the list than the drummer's technical ability" which means I know there are some exceptions.

But they are not the rule.

Bermuda
Ok, but the question remains the same: why Justin Tyson is not on drummerworld yet?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
No I'm saying it's spam by you're "spamming" the thread as in posting a whole bunch of videos in support of your posit-which I stated I don't disagree with. Jeez no need for a hairy retort "don't have much interest in drums". My whole point is take it to Bernhard-who added Maison. The answer to your question is Bernhard hasn't added him-which I stated in my post.

bermuda

Staff member
Ok, but the question remains the same: why Justin Tyson is not on drummerworld yet?
Because Bernhard 1) isn't aware of him, or 2) is aware but doesn't feel he belongs on the list. It is worth noting that the list is limited, not a laundry list to which names are added ad infinitum. Who made that policy? Bernhard. His site, his rules, and his list.

If I had a site listing influential and talented drummers, I would also be selective about who and how many appear on the list.

You would, too.

Bermuda

bermuda

Staff member
I would also be selective about who and how many appear on the list.
And if you think a really long list of drummers is impressive, I invite you to check out the Soultone Cymbals list of 'customers as endorsers'

I think you'd agree that it's needlessly lengthy and pointless, and except for the handful of featured names at the top, 99% of those drummers are lost in the shuffle (so to speak.) An obscenely long list like that doesn't really benefit the viewer or the drummers.

Bermuda

Last edited:

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
But btw, just wondering, the amount of drummers featured on the site always stays the same, exactly 500..?

Like, if 1 new drummer is featured also 1 goes out..?

Lazy question, but i just never really counted them..😄

Last edited:

bermuda

Staff member
Being on an Internet site’s list of drummers is serious business. Lol.
Why so serious?
Drummerworld is much more than just this forum, and is one of the most respected sites on the internet thanks to Bernhard taking it seriously.

Why so serious? Because it matters. And that's why the OP is trying so hard to get that drummer on the list. This isn't just any "internet site".

Bermuda

Last edited:

bermuda

Staff member
But btw, just wondering, the amount of drummers featured on the site always stays the same, exactly 500..?

Like, if 1 new drummer is featured also 1 goes out..?

Lazy question, but i just never really counted them
Good questions! It's called the TOP 500 DRUMMERS, but I haven't counted either*. Like when I was added several years ago, I wonder if someone got bumped?

Bernhard would have to weigh-in on that.

Bermuda

* okay, I copied all the names on the left-hand list into Word and did a cursory count - 11 pages @44 names and the 12th page with 37 - that's 521 names :)

Last edited:

lefty2

Platinum Member
And if you think a really long list of drummers is impressive, I invite you to check out the Soultone Cymbals list of 'customers as endorsers'

I think you'd agree that it's needlessly lengthy and pointless, and except for the handful of featured names at the top, 99% of those drummers are lost in the shuffle (so to speak.) An obscenely long list like that doesn't really benefit the viewer or the drummers.

Bermuda
Whenever I see someone announcing they're a new soultone endorser , it always brings a smile to my face.