Why is there quite hatred against Roland TD-07KV?

Essenter

Hey
So like in title, why a quite big amount of people actually think TD-07KV isn't worth/is bad? As a TD-07DMK owner I don't really understand that, actually only one flaw I see is that TD-07 module should have extra input to have possibility of 3-zone ride and two crashes, also I think that this module is more powerful than many think

toddmc

Gold Member
You're asking the wrong crowd my friend (these people hate e-drums altogether) 😁

Seriously though, looks like a nice beginner e-kit (I'd consider it an upgrade from the TD6 I started with) so not sure why all the "hatred"?

Bangkok Drum

I think the 07 is a huge improvement over the TD1. It is an entry level kit with strong editing capabilities, given its price. I am a fan! My main complaint with it is that there is no SD card slot, so I can not make custom kits for it that can help users to make it sound so much better, like I do for the TD17, TD27 and TD50X modules... Don't worry about the haters. Enjoy your kit and know that it is a good one!

electrodrummer

Over in this corner I don't hate any edrum. But for me I won't get one a it's got an evil proprietary cable snake. (but that's not limited to the 07 ;) Or, indeed to Roland :)

Have fun and enjoy your kit and ignore 'em all ! :)

roncadillac

I think the only 'issue' with Roland's lower end offerings is that you pay way more then their competition for nothing more then your kit to be labeled Roland (instead of alesis, simmons, etc). It's not until you get into Roland's higher end offerings that you get features and sounds that many consider superior to their competition. Roland makes great products but I'm also very happy with my alesis nitro mesh and my alesis crimson 2 SE, both of which cost far far less then their Roland equivalents. If you enjoy your Roland then tell everyone else to kick rocks just as I do regarding my Alesis. Cheers!

doggyd69b

Over in this corner I don't hate any edrum. But for me I won't get one a it's got an evil proprietary cable snake. (but that's not limited to the 07 ;) Or, indeed to Roland :)

Have fun and enjoy your kit and ignore 'em all ! :)
If the module is good, you can always make a box that "breaks" the snake into separate cable inputs. Yes it would be another thing to mount, but then if you dislike the snake the extra box would allow you to have custom cable lengths and have a much cleaner drum rack. I'm going to do that to mine. (Currently a TD-11 with 7 cymbals, but I am going to add a DM5 so I can have extra pads for effects and all double zone (save for a triple zone ride) cymbals.

Fritz Frigursson

I think the only 'issue' with Roland's lower end offerings is that you pay way more then their competition for nothing more then your kit to be labeled Roland (instead of alesis, simmons, etc). It's not until you get into Roland's higher end offerings that you get features and sounds that many consider superior to their competition. Roland makes great products but I'm also very happy with my alesis nitro mesh and my alesis crimson 2 SE, both of which cost far far less then their Roland equivalents. If you enjoy your Roland then tell everyone else to kick rocks just as I do regarding my Alesis. Cheers!
you're paying more so that it doesn't break in 1 year and for actual usable sounds instead of 10000 "world percussion" kits you are going to use once when drunk and then forget about. I think that is a good deal.

doggyd69b

you're paying more so that it doesn't break in 1 year and for actual usable sounds instead of 10000 "world percussion" kits you are going to use once when drunk and then forget about. I think that is a good deal.
And you don't have to fiddle with patches and diy solutions to just make it trigger correctly. Yes Alesis is cheaper and in that price range a better looking set but the reputation of reliability is just not there. I have been making my own kits for years so I could just correct those flaws and have a great kit but why should you pay premium and still have to do that?

i tbh think its just overpriced, like 1000$ for a kit with practically no upgradeability and no bell zone is just a steal from customers

Fritz Frigursson

not like there is actually good competition, like yamaha dtx6kx with rubber toms, standard rubber kick pad and 1 zoned hihat & crash, and alesis crimson smth with alesis amazing sound and build quality
roland i think is the only mainstream brand that actually leads in every price segment, yamaha is playing catch up since it releases a kit every 6 years or something and alesis is doing whatever it is that it’s doing. you may say “oh but EFnote has this amazing kit that beats the roland” and “oh 2box has superior technology” but they aren’t as refined as roland. i may sound like a shill but i think their products are still the best e kits, no matter how much i criticise their lack of “going forward”.