Why I don't want help taking down, even carrying my drums.

Jml

Yeah, thanks but no thanks. I prefer to load and unload my own stuff. I’m sure the guitar player wouldn’t want me touching his “pretty” six string either.

Anduin

Pioneer Member
In one band I stopped using my better kit for gigs because while packing up at the end of every gig the guitar player would pull cables in a rather over-eager manner. Meaning that the metal ends (XLR etc.) would be flying through the air at high speed, hitting drums and everything else, often leaving scars on whatever happened to be in the way.

Lee-Bro

Before I picked up my Rock N Roller cart, from time to time I'd have a fan want to talk to me as I'm trying to load out. My trick was to say, "Hey, I'd like to keep chatting with you. Grab that case and follow me to the truck." In those situations, I tried to make sure it was the hardware case I was asking them to carry.

But this was all after everything was in its respective case and I needed to get gear to the truck.

Last edited:

Spreggy

Silver Member
Whenever this comes up I vividly remember this one helper named Mikey tripping over his feet and landing on and rolling over my bass drum. It was a long time ago, but still hilarious. Not then, but now, very funny. He rolled right off the front of it. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I use the same cart but most of my gigs I play a converted A-E kit so I have a personal sub and full range monitor in addition. So that forces a 2 trip load in/out. I love that cart.

Frank

Gold Member
I am not fussy with my equipment at all. But - I don't want anyone tearing it down. I need to put stuff where it goes, and nobody knows that - but me. :)

Carrying hardware bags after everything is packed - sure, grab some bags if you can. :)