Why I Dont Use `Genres` in Music - Lets Talk About That!

KamaK

Platinum Member
Enjoyed the playing. Good stuff.

Philosophically...

If you mix chicken, broth, and grain, you end up with chicken soup. Yeah, homemade chicken soup is tastier than the stuff from a red&white can purchased at market, but fundamentally, it's still chicken soup no matter how much you want to believe it's not.

Peace, love, and goodwill.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
You lost me man with your intro-as I sit scratching my head?? A genre is a category of music but it can encompass a whole bunch of styles such as you pointed out with rock -and you can go on ad infinitum mentioning different styles of rock. So what's the confusion?? Anyways, Good gigging drummers are often adept at many genre of music-rock,country, latin, jazz, etc and different styles within each to some degree (increase your tool box so to speak).

KamaK

Platinum Member
You lost me man with your intro-as I sit scratching my head??
It's his shtick. Portray someone else in a negative light. Portray himself as having ascended above that. Plays some drums far better than I can.

At least I wasn't Rickrolled by Coldplay this time.

I'm eagerly awaiting his Oasis video.

lefty2

Platinum Member
nice playing. You have to have generas, all they are, are labels. Humans have to labels everything.

KamaK

Platinum Member
Was it though?
It's all a matter of perspective. I'd give my left arm to be able to drum as well as SG. You have the benefit of skill/experience/not-being-horrible. Horri-bads like me only have vague promises that our hard work and determination will eventually pay off.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
It's all a matter of perspective. I'd give my left arm to be able to drum as well as SG. You have the benefit of skill/experience/not-being-horrible. Horri-bads like me only have vague promises that our hard work and determination will eventually pay off.
I disagree and I've just PM'd...

lefty2

Platinum Member
Was it though? I'm hearing a Hell of a lot of timing issues still, especially with the bass drum on this one. Rather than pumping out a video every week, I think he should be practicing...
Well I don't watch videos to complain about the persons playing, and I don't analyze them to death. If I think it sounds good I tell them. If I think it sounds bad I usually don't reply.