Why I dislike certain drum owners

Ryan Culberson

To be fair, I’m all for any mods to any drums. OP gigs a lot... makes perfect sense to make his drums as comfortable as possible for him. Totally cool with that. I logged 15 gigs in May alone so I really do understand the need to play gear that allows us to do our jobs more comfortably/effectively.

The modding isn’t the issue for me. The issue is this weird beef against DW owners, and the vultures circling, ready to dive in when the mere scent of a DW bash session is in the air.

TK-421

This. I'm sure if the finger-waggers pledged to set up the OP's kit for him at every gig, he'd be happy to preserve the purity of his instrument.
I can't speak for everyone, but for me the issue wasn't whether or not the OP modded his drums. I honestly don't care either way.

My issue was actually fourfold: 1) That he had an issue with someone for simply pointing out a valid reason against making a 3rd-party mod (since it can negatively affect resale value); 2) That he publicly flamed the guy on this worldwide forum without even redacting his name; 3) his over-generalization of DW owners, especially since his complaint is based on something most of us have never encountered; and 4) his blatant hypocrisy, complaining about those who sell off their gear rather than “keeping what they’re so proud to own”—this coming from someone who goes through kits faster than most people go through a tube of toothpaste.

Last edited:

Ransan

The OP Bo certainly did a "Drive-By" with this thread.
Maybe witness protection lol.
He's conducting a survey..
I thought this as well, it’s his way of saying he dislikes the whole dazzling lot of us. 🥺
—————————-

Honestly, I could care nor control what anyone does with anything. I just like to voice a waning displeasure. I took this opportunity because OP thinks it’d be funny for one of the parties to be a member here.
(Like if mods don’t have enough to keep them busy.)

My thing is OP attempt to smear and drag an exchange whether it be personal or from another forum, user group, etc., into our forum for content fodder.

Closing, maybe thought he was so ‘over’ (a wrestling term) that he’d have people here personally backing him which is pretty weak if you ask me.

Last edited:

Darth Vater

Any inanimate object that I own is for sale at all times as long as I'm willing to accept the offer that's being extended.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Bo's original post, to me, almost violates the terms of use of this forum. Titled

"Why I dislike certain drum owners"​

it immediately attacks DW owners. Smears the person in Bo's off-forum communications. As Bo goes on to say, "it’s attitude like this I don’t like from these drum owners. I think the drums are great - I just wish the owners weren’t so....."

And the attitude of DW owners that causes Bo to dislike them? Some dude had audacity to disagree with Bo about modding drums, and that it may impact resale value.

Earth to Bo: it WILL impact resale value. That is a fact. Whether you choose to do such mods is your own biz, but please don't come on here and try to publicly dis an entire group of drum owners and smear someone for disagreeing with you.

Ransan

Yep the minute men hung up on resale or the novel conversation of a drum tweak missed the mark with this.

Or Maybe just put blinders on...

Last edited:

wraub

Is that a pre-YESS Yamaha mount on that Craviotto tom? I’m reporting you to the mods ;)
Plus, it's right over the squiggly part.

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
That's nonsense, with no evidence. Just your overlaying your perspective on the small very teeny tiny group of DW owners who might happen to be on this forum. In debate circles that's called a Straw Man.
I'm not on board with that interpretation, and I'm far from a "Straw Man".
I made an observation based on me being a member here for a good while and it's not shared by some.
That's all this is. To make it something more is fishing for drama and I won't subscribe to that.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I'm not on board with that interpretation, and I'm far from a "Straw Man".
I made an observation based on me being a member here for a good while and it's not shared by some.
That's all this is. To make it something more is fishing for drama and I won't subscribe to that.
Bo did the fishing for drama by starting this thread lol.