Why has Ludwig...

...moved the positioning of their ride mount? It used to be in the dead center between the batter and reso side. Now, when you custom order, it gives you only two options: closer to batter or closer to reso. Why? I find this odd. I feel like in order to have it in the middle, you would either have to contact you dealer about it or literally write "in the middle" on the form. I don't see why they don't just have the third option. Now I'm considering sliding my mount up a couple inches, but that means I'd have to re-drill it, and I'd have an extra hole showing. :(

G

Ghostnote

I use 2 ATLAS mounts, one on the batter side and one across from it on the reso side to span a 16" long 12.7mm rod, onto which mounts an ATLAS long cymbal tilter. You can also get a telescoping cymbal tilter if you need more adjustment than that. Way more solid than what you're thinking of ordering and tons of adjustability.

Blisco

This does work but it's not ideal

I ended up going single because the kit travels every weekend.

The glowing error in the Scissor Lifts is that they are not quick release like DW dogbones. If they could 'pop' off the rod with a turn of a nut, I'd use two for stability and positioning. This single does actually work pretty well and I have no playing concerns

G

Ghostnote

This does work but it's not ideal

I ended up going single because the kit travels every weekend.

The glowing error in the Scissor Lifts is that they are not quick release like DW dogbones. If they could 'pop' off the rod with a turn of a nut, I'd use two for stability and positioning. This single does actually work pretty well and I have no playing concerns

Hey, what colour is your kit? It looks just like mine, but with different hoops in those pics. Mine is Pewter Glass Glitter.

Blisco

Hey, what colour is your kit? It looks just like mine, but with different hoops in those pics. Mine is Pewter Glass Glitter.
Yep, pewter glass. First gen Keystone with the inlaid hoops. I dig it much more than the second year changes they made (minus the standard Atlas mounts, of course).

G

Ghostnote

Yep, pewter glass. First gen Keystone with the inlaid hoops. I dig it much more than the second year changes they made (minus the standard Atlas mounts, of course).
Such a cool wrap. In some light it's almost greenish, in others a sort of ginger ale colour.

drumsforlife

Quick question for those posting pictures in this thread: About what height (or range) is the cymbal at when using the small cymbal holder and rod? I'd love to switch to this method but it doesn't look quite high enough in the pictures.

G

Ghostnote

Quick question for those posting pictures in this thread: About what height (or range) is the cymbal at when using the small cymbal holder and rod? I'd love to switch to this method but it doesn't look quite high enough in the pictures.
The stand in the pics keeps the ride really low- just a few inches above the top of the bass drum. Ludwig also makes another version that is about 8" longer if you need more height and they also make a telescoping version.