Why does this drum foot pedal stay forward?

drumnut87

Silver Member
to me, without inspecting it in person, it looks like the locking bolt (the tension rod on the cam) is either loose or no longer holding the cam im place.

try tightening it with a drumkey and see if that fixes it, if it doesnt, then you may need to either replace the bolt, or tap and re-thread the cam receptor for the bolt.

Liam

That is most likely the tension rod that is used to hold the spring assembly to the shaft, tighten that and you should be good.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
This thing right here:
20220110_211128.jpg
The drum key screw on top should keep it locked in place. It might not be tight enough. The screw end might be rounded. The shaft might be rounded. There might be some sort of lubricant in there causing the parts to slip.

Take out the screw on the top. The spring perch (the metal part) should slide right off. You can now inspect the screw and shaft and their contact points. Check for lube. Clean thoroughly if you find some. I have a WD40 horror story I'd rather not get into. Stuff happens.

If you cant locate the issue, replicate the problem SLOWLY and watch how the parts slip. Does the screw move? Is there a crack you couldn't otherwise see? Look for anything that seems weird. You should be able to spot the failure as soon as the perch breaks from its normal position. Good luck.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
This thing right here:
View attachment 112539
The drum key screw on top should keep it locked in place. It might not be tight enough. The screw end might be rounded. The shaft might be rounded. There might be some sort of lubricant in there causing the parts to slip.

Take out the screw on the top. The spring perch (the metal part) should slide right off. You can now inspect the screw and shaft and their contact points. Check for lube. Clean thoroughly if you find some. I have a WD40 horror story I'd rather not get into. Stuff happens.

If you cant locate the issue, replicate the problem SLOWLY and watch how the parts slip. Does the screw move? Is there a crack you couldn't otherwise see? Look for anything that seems weird. You should be able to spot the failure as soon as the perch breaks from its normal position. Good luck.

I agree. In the video, when you pull it back slowly, you can see that the little bolt/tension rod that should be tightened with a drum key is slipping. Start with tightening it down first.