Why Do Women Dislike Dream Theater and Snarky Puppy

s1212z

Silver Member
I find san awkward in English, unless the other person is Japanese or we speak in Japanese.
Her soundtrack for Ashurajo no hitomi is one of my favorites. Also GITS SAC.
I like using Ore-sama whenever I have the opportunity to do so...jokingly of course :)

Speaking of, if you look at DT's Asian tour photos, the sex ratio is far more balanced.

bud7h4

Silver Member
Only discussions that impose pointless interjections about someone elses opinion without being able to look through their eyes.

I'm not a woman. Why on earth would you ask my opinion as to what they think? I can never make that parallel, nor can anyone who has never has estrogen as their main biologic influencer.

That's why I find these discussions silly.

The question wasn't what do women think, but WHY might they think it. And of course you can have an opinion without being female. Unless you've never known any, or observed or interacted with any. You don't have to be something to understand it to some degree. Lots of women have male psychiatrists.

I get what you're saying but, like all positions on this topic, if you take it too far, it becomes problematical.

Chauvinism is (mostly) a male problem, not a female problem. So it is appropriate for guys to talk about it. And gender relations is something everyone has an interest in. But, yes... it would probably be more informative to ask some women why they don't like prog rock. I suspect a lot of the comments here are from guys repeating what their sweeties have told them.

I don't think the question was directed at men. Seems to me like it was a question for everyone. 😋

Last edited:

yammyfan

It's fun to figure out what makes women tick. Life is immeasurably better when you understand them, whether you're married to one or not.

yammyfan

Its easy to understand them. They're people, like men. They're just discriminated against and harassed constantly, so their behaviors are different in reaction to that.
True. They also enjoy huge advantages that men can only dream about. I think it's a wash, in the end.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
What advantages? Let me look at how many female CEO's are in the Forbes top 100, or how many female politicians there are. Or hell, how many professional female musicians there are (to take this back on topic). Any advantages that you think they may have is just in place to undo centuries, if not millenia, of second-class status embedded into our society's fabric.

yammyfan

What advantages? Let me look at how many female CEO's are in the Forbes top 100, or how many female politicians there are. Or hell, how many professional female musicians there are (to take this back on topic). Any advantages that you think they may have is just in place to undo centuries, if not millenia, of second-class status embedded into our society's fabric.
I was looking for a diplomatic way to answer this for you but I realized that if it isn't obvious to you already, having someone explain it to you isn't going to do any good. I don't mean that in a snarky way either. I can simply tell that your focus isn't where mine is. You're talking about CEOs and multimillionaires and I'm talking about coal miners and truck drivers.

opentune

Platinum Member
I was looking for a diplomatic way to answer this for you but I realized that if it isn't obvious to you already, having someone explain it to you isn't going to do any good. I don't mean that in a snarky way either. I can simply tell that your focus isn't where mine is. You're talking about CEOs and multimillionaires and I'm talking about coal miners and truck drivers.
So women have 'advantages' because they will face barriers in getting jobs as miners and truck drivers?
Have you worked at a mine, or in construction? Not too many women on those sites. Its not because the jobs are dirty.

(This thread is stupid, not sure why I am typing in it)

Jeremy Crockett

Its easy to understand them. They're people, like men. They're just discriminated against and harassed constantly, so their behaviors are different in reaction to that.
Fixed it for you.

@yammyfan has made some of the salient points that he will be beaten up over.

1 hit wonder

That's just 1 opinion and others disagree with it and have been beaten up over it.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
It’s probably the same reason why not to many on forum - toxic masculinity. It’s not all men but it’s like having one rotten potato in your cupboard you think they must all be rotten ROFL.

yammyfan

So women have 'advantages' because they will face barriers in getting jobs as miners and truck drivers?
Have you worked at a mine, or in construction? Not too many women on those sites. Its not because the jobs are dirty.

(This thread is stupid, not sure why I am typing in it)
I meant that it's a weak argument to compare the circumstances of the average man or woman to the circumstances of the top 1%. Ninety-nine percent of men are not CEOs. The fact that most women aren't CEOs either isn't proof of sexism. It merely goes to show how rare and difficult those jobs are to get.

And yes, I worked in construction. There are fewer women in construction and mining because those jobs are physically demanding and dangerous. Like most dirty, dangerous and backbreaking jobs, they are predominantly done by men. That's one advantage that women enjoy, if anybody is keeping score.

@yammyfan has made some of the salient points that he will be beaten up over.
Thank you for the support. Like the old saying goes; you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
I'm not a big fan either, but I also find the assumption in the title to be incorrect.

Fun story: When me and my ex went to see Tribal Tech in Copenhagen we were told by Scott that Gary had a picture on his refrigerator of a couple dancing at their show a year earlier in Trondheim. Yes, it was us. :cool:

Also, let me present to you, Gunn-Hilde.