why do people think drummers are flaky?

See what I mean! You even scared the feckcampaign in to confessing...

.....not a great idea either....he's from Brooklyn.

''if any member of the band im in revealed they could juggle i would punch them in the face immediately"

lol my point was not entirely serious there forum users...! my 'opinion' was specifically aimed at the band i'm in not the drumming community who, i dont doubt contain many a good juggler. apologies for any offence caused to circus fans everywhere.

back on topic, the 'romantic' drummers is surprising to me. i would happily admit to being romantic but i wouldnt have associated it with a particular trait amongst drummers.maybe i need to research my drum heros more. the 6th point i definately agree with, which is interesting considering the drumset is most frequently an ensemble instrument (although clearly as expressive as any other instrument)!

''if any member of the band im in revealed they could juggle i would punch them in the face immediately"

lol my point was not entirely serious there forum users...! my 'opinion' was specifically aimed at the band i'm in not the drumming community who, i dont doubt contain many a good juggler. apologies for any offence caused to circus fans everywhere.

back on topic, the 'romantic' drummers is surprising to me. i would happily admit to being romantic but i wouldnt have associated it with a particular trait amongst drummers.maybe i need to research my drum heros more. the 6th point i definately agree with, which is interesting considering the drumset is most frequently an ensemble instrument (although clearly as expressive as any other instrument)!

None taken, bud... I hate flutists as much as you hate jugglers ; )

Its just a thing I've noticed... it is really surprising how many can actually juggle.

PS- Lovemysonors, many apologies for the hijack-............ back to flakiness : )

if any member of the band im in revealed they could juggle i would punch them in the face immediately.

I can juggle. What now? Wanna take this outside? :)

I don't know about flaky... but this threads got me thinking if there is a pattern to the type & personality of the average drummer

here's what I think.

Drummers tend to be ( in general...):

1) Athletic, muscular, strong, fit.

2) Aggressive type A personalities... quick to get irritated..can handle themselves in a brawl.

3) Definitely not stupid, but not the smartest guys in the band.

4) Most of them can juggle ( what a weird quirk )

5) Very romantic guys. They dont sleep around as often as they fall in love

6) Loners, mostly. Wont go out of their way to start a conversation, but pleasant when talked to ( the exact opposite of guitarists )

ya, I suppose you could call all this....flaky.

1, Not me
2, Not me....Oo actually yes sometimes. Especially the little *£$" that was causing trouble at the Gun gig
3, Not me
4, Not me
5, Not me - Well I don't sleep around. Her indoors wold cut my bits off in an instant but I don't do the hearts and flowers bit.

Sorry I just needed a bit of me time before I finished this post.

It's a difficult one Keith Moon and Neil Peart, Evelyn Glennie and Tommy Lee. There are probably more differences than similarities.

I keep hearing drummer jokes and that drummers come and go and are the biggest flakes of the band.

Can someone explain why drummers get a bad rep? haha

Well...

ya just have to visit this forum, to figure that out.

It's a no-brainer when you read the DW forum! ;-)

Yeah...

Hey wait a minute! I started off on guitar many moons ago.

'Twas nice piece of crap my parents picked up for me in an outdoor market in Matamoros, Mexico after I pitched a fit because I wanted that guitar above all the other pieces of crap in the outdoor market in Matamoros, Mexico. I was going to be a guitar player and that guitar was unlike all the other guitars my friends had. It was from Mexico!!!! LOL

I lasted about 3 lessons from some dude who came to my house to teach me "Puff the Magic Dragon" and two chords. Boring!!

Then it was French Horn. I was gonna be the best damn French Horn player in concert band AND orchestra! Ok...um...that lasted maybe several weeks....until I forgot to brush my teeth one night, played my brother's friend's French Horn and left a bunch of chewed up lettuce and cheese all in the tubes from when I blew into it....yeah, gross I know!! But I decided the French Horn was too french for my tastes and it was most definately not as cool an instrument as I had thought.

And then......there was this 14 year old drummer in the junior high jazz band that played a really cool black diamond pearl Slingerland 4 piece drum set with Zildjian cymbals. I was only 10 and that dude was WICKED!! He had the cool name, the cool drum kit, the cool friends, his parents drove cool cars, he had the cute girlfriends, this dude was only 14 but seemed to have it all!!! And he was smart! EVERYONE looked up to him.

And so, my journey was set that day waaay back in um.....1972.

But I decided the French Horn was too french for my tastes and it was most definately not as cool an instrument as I had thought.

Rogue. It's ironic then that the French Horn is actually a German instrument...

But I decided the French Horn was too french for my tastes and it was most definately not as cool an instrument as I had thought.

Ya....that was a joke.

You have to give it to the Germans and French, though. Get all tanked up on beer and wine, start bending a tube of pipe, add some valves, put on a mouthpiece, and .......poof..........an instrument!

Ya....that was a joke.

You have to give it to the Germans and French, though. Get all tanked up on beer and wine, start bending a tube of pipe, add some valves, put on a mouthpiece, and .......poof..........an instrument!

You have to give it to the Germans, though. Get all tanked up on beer and wine, roll and glue wood, add some hardware and.....poof.......a sonor kit! Then melt, cut and bang on some metal disks and .....poof!.....Meinl cymbals.

Last edited:
Back