Who's your favorite drummer?

Is Dupixent not available in the EU?

No Idea, I got over mine about 20 years ago, but I saw loads of doctors during that time and they tried me on loads of different things. Never did anything (well, they made differences, but like whether my hands were dry and flakey or angry, red and itchy). Just kinda cleared up on its own after most of a decade. I image if that brand isn't available here, there'll be a different name for essentially the same stuff. EU drug regulations are quite strict though, way more so than US if I remember rightly, I believe theres a few things approved in US that EU wont go near, although maybe it works the other way too. That said, UK isn't EU anymore, so maybe the NHS will approve more things than the EU health department.

That said, UK isn't EU anymore, so maybe the NHS will approve more things than the EU health department.
But Sweden still is, and Meshuggah is Swedish. Admittedly I have no idea how the Rx world works. I was just trying to be as general as possible by saying EU.

Right now it's Mark Guiliani. Because he's got a teaching slot at the next Drum Fantasy Camp in August!!

But I'm not going if my hand doesn't heal - knuckle on the index finger of right hand (left hand is trad) is getting stiff after injuring it on a floortom hoop in December.

Is he actually gonna play? I read an article recently talking with about how he hasn't touched a drum in over year due to the debilitating eczema on his palms.

Ah man i hope it gets manageable for him so that he can do what he loves!
Thanks for sharing that article!

I have so many favourite drummers, but if I could only pick one drummer to watch drum cam footage of and listen to their playing it would have to be Danny Carey.

I wasn't alive when John Bonham was but the way I feel is that Danny is the modern equivalent of him. If only we got to hear what the master would have done with a double pedal, could you imagine Dazed and Confused with a double kick filling in between his triplet fills? Damn.

At the moment, Eloy Casagrande is a big inspiration and probably my favorite as of how he plays right now. But the ones that had the most impact on my own drumming over the years are John Tempesta (For me, he is the most underrated metal drummer, listen to his work with Testament, it is spectacular in my opinion) Lars Ulrich (up until the Black Album) and Mike Portnoy.

Last edited:
Steve Jordan is my favorite, barely edging out James Gadson, Russ Kunkel, and Chris Whitten. Those four find their way into every groove I play.

Is he actually gonna play? I read an article recently talking with about how he hasn't touched a drum in over year due to the debilitating eczema on his palms.

In a recent interview he said he was finally prescribed something by a nutritionist that works and it's getting better every day (paraphrasing).

Ah, found it:

Dave Dicenso, John Bonham, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff Porcaro to name just a few. (Too many really).

I find there is something about most players that impresses me, in small or large way.

My faves Greaham Lear Jeff Porcaro The master Ian Paice and of course the one and only John Henry Bonham there's more but that's enough for now.

Too many to mention….. single favorite?
Neil Peart always is up there I guess as the overall guy but again, too many favorites and for too many different reasons…

I can’t ever pick a favorite drummer. I listen to a drummer and think…”Ooooh…that’s fantastic.” Then I listen to someone else’s and think they’re equally fantastic…lol.
I'm the same way, just when I think I nailed a fantastic drummer here comes another one! Lol

I had no clue that Wynonna Judd's husband was a drummer. So I started watching some of his solos and loved him equally as much as some of the other drummers I've watched. But what's different about Cactus Moser is he only has one leg. It took him a while to get back up on his feet but he is drummin' on. If you don't know him check him out.

Drummer_D

I don't have a favorite drummer, there are (and were) a lot of great players.
I do have a preference for great grooves over (just) technical ability.

I can’t ever pick a favorite drummer. I listen to a drummer and think…”Ooooh…that’s fantastic.” Then I listen to someone else’s and think they’re equally fantastic…lol.
Or you attend one of their clinics and realize the guy’s got an ego attitude and “nope”.

Or you attend one of their clinics and realize the guy’s got an ego attitude and “nope”.
My wife worked for a company that had A list models on their roster and some of the nightmare diva stories are insane. She also worked PR for Food Network type stuff and the same for some celebrity chefs. Some who you might think are jerks aren’t and some who come across as likable on TV are monsters….lol

My wife worked for a company that had A list models on their roster and some of the nightmare diva stories are insane. She also worked PR for Food Network type stuff and the same for some celebrity chefs. Some who you might think are jerks aren’t and some who come across as likable on TV are monsters….lol

Drummer_D

Back