Who makes a drum set with Keller vintage shells?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I'm looking at buying a set of drums that use the Keller Vintage shells, in particular 6-ply (two plies mahogany, two plies poplar, two plies mahogany). I have a builder in mind, but I was curious as to who else was doing this.

Thanks.

Last edited:

motleyh

Pretty much any reputable builder can do this for you. If you want to differentiate among builders, look at edges, finishing, and hardware -- plus little design touches incorporated into the builder's style.

Chunkaway

Silver Member
I'm looking at buying a set of drums that use the Keller Vintage shells, in particular 6-ply (two plies mahogany, two plies poplar, two plies mahogany).

Know of any builders who make these? I know of one; I'm just looking for other builders.

Thanks.
Thought you were going to go with the Reviere drum set you played. What happened?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Pretty much any reputable builder can do this for you. If you want to differentiate among builders, look at edges, finishing, and hardware -- plus little design touches incorporated into the builder's style.
Yup, I agree.

Thought you were going to go with the Reviere drum set you played. What happened?
I'm definitely going with this drum company! I like what Reverie does, so I still plan on going with them. I just wanted to see who else is using these shells in particular.

Also, I went back and changed my wording to my original post because it was misleading. Thanks! :)

Last edited: