Who else has an idiotic sense of humor?

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Huh I’m not sayin’ nuttin’ evoking my right to not say anything stupid that might incriminate my stupidity. Or anything idiotic exposing my idiocy. Cover all the bases. Wait???

I can honestly say I’m the funniest person I know- I crack me up all the time. I guess no accounting for taste. On the positive if deserted on an island I’ve got entertainment covered.

TJK

Huh I’m not sayin’ nuttin’ evoking my right to not say anything stupid that might incriminate my stupidity. Or anything idiotic exposing my idiocy. Cover all the bases. Wait???

I can honestly say I’m the funniest person I know- I crack me up all the time. I guess no accounting for taste. On the positive if deserted on an island I’ve got entertainment covered.
Lol, yeah I always tell my wife I should be comedy writer. We know a semi famous comedian around here and I make him laugh. My wife not so much lololol…the only thing that makes her lose it is our grandkids

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I bet a thousand dollars if we had an election for Comedy Idiot on the DW forum I’d win hands down. And there’s some tough competition but I got ‘em all beat. And through the wormhole back to drums without missing a “beat” I go. LOL

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I live in the world of:
David Letterman; Conan O'Brien, Spinal Tap, Steven Wright and Monty Python type comedy I guess. I definitely notice the weird, and capitalize on that for comedy.

I am not really into obvious potty humor, drunken; stoned humor...I do like pratfall sometimes.

I think the first 12 seasons of the Simpsons were brilliant; never thought Family Guy was at all funny

WuHan Solo

I tend to find humor in a lot of things because life can be pretty funny. Often times it can be inappropriate or somewhat twisted, though.

I suppose that qualifies as an "idiotic sense of humor".

planoranger

I tend to find humor in a lot of things because life can be pretty funny. Often times it can be inappropriate or somewhat twisted, though.

I suppose that qualifies as an "idiotic sense of humor".
That could have been me who wrote what you did!!!

I find most things funny because if I don't I'll just start crying over some of the stupidity I see every day.

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
I counted on my humor for survival and acceptance. Amazingly, it worked, so for survival's sake, I learned, on an "as needed" basis, to have as many bases covered as I could. The idiot part was the easiest if you get my drift. I disagree with Art on the comedy/idiot thing he has going on. No idiot can write actual true stuff no one understands. I'd call him a brilliant idiot. One who owes me $1,000.00

Humor continues to smooth off the rough edges of life for me.

Thank you for bestowing me with your valuable and generous gifts, O god of humor.

lefty2

Platinum Member
The young lady at the pharmacy started shuing me away with her hands as I was walking toward her, I looked at her and said it's me again Margaret. She was young enough that I was surprised that she understood what I was talking about she laughed and laughed and laughed and told me I made her day. Freaking old people anyway

The Shepherd

My parents were both British. I grew up watching Benny Hill and Dame Edna with my grandma. I always loved Billy Connolly's brand of storytelling humour. Now, I watch YouTube videos of Peter Kay, Jimmy Carr and Gary Delaney who all make me howl. I prefer wit and cheekiness over slapstick and fart jokes.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
My parents were both British. I grew up watching Benny Hill and Dame Edna with my grandma. I always loved Billy Connolly's brand of storytelling humour. Now, I watch YouTube videos of Peter Kay, Jimmy Carr and Gary Delaney who all make me howl. I prefer wit and cheekiness over slapstick and fart jokes.

I loved Benny Hill back in the 80's It was on over here in the States on PBS, of all places

iCe

Silver Member
season 2 famalam GIF by BBC Three

That could have been me who wrote what you did!!!

I find most things funny because if I don't I'll just start crying over some of the stupidity I see every day.

Exactly the reason why i only watch comedy shows (like Scrubs, Family Guy, South Park etc) and movies like Hot Shots, Naked Gun and Robin Hood: Men in Tights.
If i want to see drama i just turn on the news.

Besides that i love innuendos and i have to point those out when someone says something and i can turn the meaning of that sentence around. Even during workmeetings i sometimes have to bite my tongue and just grin and there's always a colleague who sees me holding in hehe.

And fart jokes and farts never get old! I have a reputation to rip something similar to biological warfare. Just the kid in me who still finds it hilarious when people gag when they sniff your freshly released perfume. Reminds me of...

planoranger

Since we're mentioning comedians, one of my favorites is Steven Wright. For those not familiar with him, he has a deadpan, droll/dry/absurd sense of humor. The one I really enjoy is:
"I went to a bookstore and asked the clerk where the self-help books are. She said, 'I could tell you, but that would defeat the purpose.'"

I also like funny lines that are in drama shows. My guilty-pleasure show is "Yellowstone" (starring Kevin Costner). His character's daughter, Beth (played expertly by Kelly Reilly), is an absolutely brutal/venomous person. One of her classic lines (speaking to a business adversary) is: "You're the trailer park, and I'm the tornado."

JohnnyStix

Humor that only 1 or 2 people get... that's my type of humor and those are my type of people. No punctuation or emojis necessary. If you get it, you get it.

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
One of my "most proud" humorous moments took place in the early 80's. My band was playing in Washington DC and we were being put up at this big apartment. I shared a room with the bass player.

While Paul was in the shower, I coated his pillow with about 8 inches of shaving cream. Paul came out of the shower, noticed the pillow, and picked it up. He laid the pillow on the underside of his 2 forearms, palms up. He was standing up. I was in the bed, much lower than Paul. It was nothing for me to push the pillow of cream into his face. I shall never forget Paul's face covered in white shaving cream, except for 2 holes where his eyes were. It. Was. Hilarious.

A big shaving cream fight ensued. It was classic. I had no idea he'd pick the pillow up like he did. So I took advantage of the situation.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Since we're mentioning comedians, one of my favorites is Steven Wright. For those not familiar with him, he has a deadpan, droll/dry/absurd sense of humor. The one I really enjoy is:
"I went to a bookstore and asked the clerk where the self-help books are. She said, 'I could tell you, but that would defeat the purpose.'"

yep...I love Steven Wright!! And Jake Johanson as well....