Who currently makes Walnut shell drums?

Darth Vater

I know Tama and Hendrix make walnut shell drums. Anyone else? I'm not talking about just snares or hybrid shells either. Straight walnut drums as in shell packs. Ply, stave, steambent, whatever.

RickP

Gold Member
Noble and Cooley make walnut ply kits and snares and steambent walnut snares .

If I was in the market for another N&C kit - I would give the Walnut N&C serious consideration

The Tama Star Walnut are fantastic drums of you are more inclined to purchase a drum set from a major manufacturer .

Last edited:

DrummerJustLikeDad

Can't vouch for his current production runs, but Ronn Dunnett's George Way Tuxedo series offers wonderfully dark, rich walnut drums.

Watch quickly. It's an inexplicable tragedy that Carter McLean seems to have pulled many of his George Way demos in recent months. Those two were made for each other.

Auspicious

Can't vouch for his current production runs, but Ronn Dunnett's George Way Tuxedo series offers wonderfully dark, rich walnut drums.

Watch quickly. It's an inexplicable tragedy that Carter McLean seems to have pulled many of his George Way demos in recent months. Those two were made for each other.

Jesus that's a good day to hear fantastic music and performances. Fantastic playing DrummerJustLikeDad. Ok perhaps it's not you in that case great video (;

Drum Guy

I have both a 2020 noble Colley solid 5x14 walnut and a 2020 Doc Sweeney 5.5x14 solid walnut - both are great - but I'm actually keeping the Doc Sweeney classic walnut snare. very open, warm sound with trick throw off. N&C is great though of course...just not as user friendly hardware me thinks