Who Are The Worst Drummers That Are Good In Spite Of How Lousy They Are?

Your Honor, I move that we strike the original question from the record, and restate the inquiry as follows:

"Name a drummer who never ceases to satisfy the needs of the song or delight their audience using a basic approach to drumming-regardless of their personal skill level or chops library."
I was thinking something along the same lines might better describe the question being discussed.

Let's not confuse the OP with proper grammar, or the ability to put together a coherent sentence/ question. Let alone the inherent negative nature of the the thread.

YMMV

I can't reconcile the question. If one can be good and lousy at the same thing it creates a circular reference in my head.

It's not good to bash individual drummers, period. I don't mind discussing drumming general tendencies in an objective manner, but to single out a particular player is mean and harmful. No matter how lousy a known drummer may be perceived to be, they are still known. Let's support each other instead of tearing our family down.

I can't believe how some people don't get the question.

Some people do....but some obviously don't.

Did you all miss the part where I said Ringo is great in spite of his lack of certain skills? He is my favorite drummer of all time.

In fact, most of the drummers I like are not "monsters" technically.

Anyway, sorry I asked, sorry some are taking it the wrong way.

Moderator, please delete!

Well, the idea in my opinion is that basically every drummer that we all know, is by definition a better (or at least more succesfull) drummer than 99,9% of any of us here..

Questions like this are meant for forums, where amateurs discuss the pro people..

And to bring up Neil Peart, who can be considered one of the most influencial rock drummers from the past 40 years, is even beyond sillyness..

Well, the idea in my opinion is that basically every drummer that we all know, is by definition a better drummer than 99,9% of any of us here..

Questions like this are meant for forums, where amateurs discuss the pro people..

"Amateurs" don't discuss "pros" here? Isn't there an entire forum dedicated to that here?

I really don't get what the problem is, it was really no big deal...it was about the idea of being good in spite of not being technically good...which, imo, is a good thing...an important thing to think about even.

Sorry I phrased the title of the thread in a comical way and not a serious way with proper sentence structure, sorry people don't get it, sorry about the whole thing!

"Amateurs" don't discuss "pros" here? Isn't there an entire forum dedicated to that here?

I really don't get what the problem is, it was really no big deal...it was about the idea of being good in spite of not being technically good...which, imo, is a good thing...an important thing to think about even.
Now that you have explained your intention it isn't a "big deal" really.

But if you were honest (with yourself AND the forum) you would say-
"Sorry guys...I didn't mean for it to come out that why. What I meant was......"

And, in case you weren't aware...there is an "edit" feature that allows you to modify your posts (not sure abkut titles?).

So no matter how you slice it there is a way out that allows for you to save (some) face...!

(Just busting.....lol)

Now that you have explained your intention it isn't a "big deal" really.

But if you were honest (with yourself AND the forum) you would say-
"Sorry guys...I didn't mean for it to come out that why. What I meant was......"

And, in case you weren't aware...there is an "edit" feature that allows you to modify your posts (not sure abkut titles?).

So no matter how you slice it there is a way out that allows for you to save (some) face...!

(Just busting.....lol)

I suppose I would have reacted that way (more sincerely apologetic), but I guess I felt the posts attacking me for my sentence structure and it being the worst question ever got under my skin. I mean jeeeeez.

Anyway, if it's a problem, the moderators may delete. But I will leave it as I don't really think I did anything wrong! That'd be like Ringo erasing his drum parts because he's not as technically "right" as Purdie! ;)

If the music was good, the drummer was good - it's as simple as that. Outside of extreme studio cheating, it's irrelevant how they achieved the result. They took the right approach at the appropriate time, and used their facility + choices to contribute to a good result.

Well Rick I don't think people read the tongue-in-cheek "worst drummers that are good in spite of how lousy" so the question just flew over of many-trying to figure is "worse-good-lousy" a double negative LOL. Some posters English is a second language so we get plenty of oddly worded post. Heck most of mine are. I don't know why being so technical with this post. But it's true not every famous successful drummer can play like Vinnie or Tony but they play like the famous drummer they are and nuff said. I wouldn't be too thinned skinned about it-some are just yanking yer chain man. Part of the tongue in cheek schtick. I'd "roll" with it, let it "ride", no need to stir a "buzz", just "shuffle" along,

Last edited:
Back