White sparkle

greenstar323

Thought the helpful folks on here can help.

Does anyone know where I can find white sparkle wrap? Tried the usual suspects. Bumwrap said they don't do sparkles. Thought this would be more common.

Precision has a white glitter but I've worked with glass glitter wrap once before and its extremely brittle and thick so I really would like to go with a sparkle.

For reference, the Ludwig breakbeats kit in white sparkle is kinda what I'm going for.

Thanks!

Walopus might be able to do it custom.

Update: Still waiting to hear back from drummaker, but I contacted Delmar not realizing they are THE company that basically does the wraps for all these other companies. They told me to contact JamminSam or Precision directly to buy.

They also said they do not make white sparkle only white glass glitter so it officially must not exist since they are the supplier to these smaller companies. Oh well worth a try.

Thanks for your replies guys. Guess I will try to go with plain white or white with a black stripe or possibly silver sparkle :/

It might not be exactly what you want, but if you are desperate, some folks out there cover their drums in sparkle seat vinyl. I've never done this, but I've seen it done. To be honest, the pics I've seen don't look bad.

Just a thought.

https://www.voguefabricsstore.com/upholstery-sparkle-vinyl-white.html

I did one. In white sparkle too. Creates head fittiment issues though, as it's thicker than drum wrap. Evans and Remo were snug, Aquarian did not fit the kit I did. And you have to butt joint them to get Evans and Remo to fit. At least on the shells I wrapped. Only time will tell if it holds up.

If your kit is anything bit cheap, I would avoid it. Nicer kits deserve a real wrap.

I did one. In white sparkle too. Creates head fittiment issues though, as it's thicker than drum wrap. Evans and Remo were snug, Aquarian did not fit the kit I did. And you have to butt joint them to get Evans and Remo to fit. At least on the shells I wrapped. Only time will tell if it holds up.

If your kit is anything bit cheap, I would avoid it. Nicer kits deserve a real wrap.

Did you cut the finish pretty far from the bearing edge?

You could get an auto painting company to paint a white sparkle probably for less than buying a wrap.

Did you cut the finish pretty far from the bearing edge?

Yeah. Any further and it would have been obvious. I think the shells were oversized. It was a Ludwig accent.

Back