Whistle - DRUM COVER Reinterpretation by StiGy (Flo Rida)

lefty2

Platinum Member
Well I think your drumming is pretty good. Doesn't' blow me away, but I don't blow me away either. Your kick technique is a lot different the mine. I let the beater bounce back off the head. I do play heel up, but yours seems different than mine. None the less you're getting the job done.

StiGy

Well I think your drumming is pretty good. Doesn't' blow me away, but I don't blow me away either. Your kick technique is a lot different the mine. I let the beater bounce back off the head. I do play heel up, but yours seems different than mine. None the less you're getting the job done.
ohh man TY very much! its a good feedback, im aware that i have a lot to improve but im doing it weekly so i hope in 2-3 months maybe i`ll be closer to blow your mind in a good way :)

actually im kind of mixing two techniques in this song (im not playing like that allways - i play Jazz too and more).
the way i initiate and moving my foot on the pedal is more like a combination of Rock drummer from the 70` but more swiftly like Metal 2010` drummer, the reason i chose to dampen (hold my leg after pretty much every stroke on the kick) is bcs its fits the song sound for me, the song needs more of a quick powerful but very focused kick.

like i said - im trying to do something of my own, and its in the drumming technique too (not bcs i dont learn the traditional, bcs im myself :)

again thank you! im gonna practice more now!