Which Pearl Sensitone

I have a Sensitone Elite raw brass and it totally kicks. I can tune it high or low depending on what I need to cover and it answers. Very good shell material.

I have a ten year old Phosphor Bronze 14x5 which is very versatile. I use it for many styles of music including those odd gigs where I’ll be playing jazz with brushes at the start, 60’s songs in the middle, and Sweet Child of Mine at the end.

Don’t know the other drums well enough, but I’m loving the phosphor brinze.

I also have the Phosphor bronze sensitone and it is awesome. Low to high tuning is perfect and the articulation and attack give me everything I need for all forms of music.

There are more than a few Sensitones on Reverb I've been eyeing. I'm glad someone posted this up. I have my eye on a couple brass versions.

They're all good it depends on what metal and size you prefer.

I think the Supraphonic still corners the market on the quintessential aluminum sound. There really aren’t any other aluminum snares that sound quite like it (I’m not saying other sounds are bad or good, just different). So chances are any aluminum snare is being compared to the Supra, which may be why people don’t quite like other aluminum snares. Ludwig hit on something when they came out with that drum.

I still prefer the Premier 2000 aluminum over all other aluminums. I will say, one of the best brass snares I've owned was a 6.5x14 PDP that I put a patina finish on and updated the lugs and hoops. That snare really rocked. BUT my all time best brass is my 1914 Ludwig 5x15 nickel over brass.

Attachments

• PDP Brass 8.jpg
    PDP Brass 8.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 1914 Ludwig & Ludwig 3.jpg
    1914 Ludwig & Ludwig 3.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 32
Phosphore bronze 14x6,5 would be my go to choice.

I still prefer the Premier 2000 aluminum over all other aluminums. I will say, one of the best brass snares I've owned was a 6.5x14 PDP that I put a patina finish on and updated the lugs and hoops. That snare really rocked. BUT my all time best brass is my 1914 Ludwig 5x15 nickel over brass.

I can't believe how CLEAN that 1914 Ludwig looks. Very very nice man, wow.

Thanks. It was a gift from my son. I cleaned it up and put new heads and wires on, then changed out the lugs since the originals were stripped and I gotta say this drum is my favorite. Sounds awesome and despite it's being only 6 lugs, it STAYS in tune.
Does your 1914 Ludwig sound anything like this?

Aluminium. Here are 2 of my "Elites"I just finished servicing. Great snares with rock solid hardware and quality.

Attachments

• pearl-sensitone-aluminium-edited.jpeg
    pearl-sensitone-aluminium-edited.jpeg
    902.6 KB · Views: 3
Back