Which one would you take?

Pyromaniac777

Silver Member
Would you guys rather take HHX 14" Evolution Hi hats that are in good condition, or HHX 13" Groove Hi hats that are in like new condition when both are the same price?

Would you guys rather take HHX 14" Evolution Hi hats that are in good condition, or HHX 13" Groove Hi hats that are in like new condition when both are the same price?

If there is no real damage to the 14" hats, I would take them. I played 13" for many years, but I find 14s more versatile. My 13s stay in the cymbal bag almost all the time now.

I have the evo hats, and they are great. I haven't played the other ones.

The one I like the sound of more- or the one that covers sound characteristics I don't have already.

My thoughts exactly. Cymbal selection HAS to be about the sound and the feel. Once you find what you want, the price tends to become less of an issue.

I know that I need to go off of what I like the sound of, but I'm asking you guys which one YOU would take.

If they were going to be my only pair, I'd go for the 14's.
Just because they're generally lower pitched and more versatile.

But if I heard them both and couldn't stand the sound of the 14's, I'd get the 13's.
LOL

Evos all the way.

Yep.

Yep yep.

What does it matter what we think? What matters is which on do YOU think sounds best!

That aside: I don't know. I own 2 pairs of 14" hats and one pair of 13" hats, so I'm not in particular need of another pair.

Back