Which Hudson DVD?

Torkerz

Hi!

I've been given a code to claim any Hudson Music
DVD download I want. Obviously it's going to be a drumming one. I am just torn which to pick! I did have secret weapons for the modern drummer but someone stole it, so I may replace that. However, Pat Pertrillo and Benny Greb look tempting!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Last edited:
This is a keeper: Steve Smith - Drum Set Technique / History Of The U.S. Beat

One thing which is not clear is, whether your code allows you to download the both DVDs in the set or just one out of the two...

If you were going to replace the jojo technique one give Tommy Igoe's Great hands a try. I think it's much more practical than jojo's one.

Benny Greb's language of drumming would be my pick of the bunch (as far as instructionals go) but I also own a bunch of them and I like:

Methods and Mechanics I (Todd Suchermann)
The Big Picture (Keith Carlock)
Master Series – Antonio Sanchez (but you could get almost as much from the drumeo one on youtube)
All of the Gavin Harrison stuff is great
Musical Drumming in Different Styles - Greg Bissonnette

I second that recommendation! I prefer the second disc if you can only get one. Peace and goodwill.

I'm a big fan of the Hudson DVDs and have bought nearly all of them over the last ten years.

As mentioned below, Methods and Mechanics I (Todd Suchermann) is brilliantly educational and entertaining, but I'm not sure it's a Hudson production.

Also the Benny Greb DVD is great.

But I would go for one of the Modern Drummer Festival DVDs especially 2006 (featuring Steve Smith/Thomas Lang/Aaron Spears etc) and 2008 (Gavin Harrison/Simon Phillips/Bill Stewart etc) contain a mountain of fantastic performances and lessons.

One thing which is not clear is, whether your code allows you to download the both DVDs in the set or just one out of the two...

It's just for the instant download, I don't get a physical hard copy of it.

In terms of DVDs i own, I already have the Steve Smith one, it's great.

Thanks for providing some. I was thinking of getting Greb's one. Anyone think otherwise?

I am very tempted to get Jo Jo's one again, I did own it but it's a classic 'lend it out and never get it back' scenario...

I recommend Sin City - a Dame to Kill for. Eva Green is just hot in that one ;)

Well you wont get the book but i justbought Roots of Rock Drumming. All interviews. 2 hours and 45 minutes

It's just for the instant download, I don't get a physical hard copy of it.

In terms of DVDs i own, I already have the Steve Smith one, it's great.

Thanks for providing some. I was thinking of getting Greb's one. Anyone think otherwise?

I am very tempted to get Jo Jo's one again, I did own it but it's a classic 'lend it out and never get it back' scenario...

You probably didn't take much notice of my post... you will watch jojo's dvd once or twice then put it on the shelf. And you've already seen it. Tommy Igoe's is great because if you are serious about improving your technique you will put it on, setup a pad and play along. I did it frequently for about a year and it was great for me.

The Greb dvd is probably the best dvd I have ever owned but I am mostly self taught so it was the back to basics approach that I needed.

Back