Which electric drum kit to get?

Mr_Runner

I'm happy you received that well, I was joking of course but sometimes my tone comes off as a little forward. I unfortunately don't have much to add beyond what I've said already but you are making an informed decision which is great. I recently went through a regretful purchase on an acoustic kit in an attempt to save $200 and it didn't work out so mentally I'm fresh off that experience haha. I wish you well and I'll keep an eye on this thread!
Hi again I'm really sorry about the late reply but I've been a bit busy getting my new kit and setting it up. I know forums are important but so is the kit saying that and the main reason behind it.

Yes I agree your tone can indeed come off as a bit forward and I was beginning to get very angry about it. Only joking! Electronic communication can often come across as more abrupt for several reasons but I didn't sense anything like that with you and even if I did with someone else it is easy to get the 'wrong end of the stick' as from the Uk I think.

I guess with saving money it is naturally what a lot of people are trying to do and is very understandable. I guess it's trying to do it to different degrees depending on what it is. Unfortunately that can require experience and / or advice in terms of spending more when you need to spend more and less when you can spend less. It's not always easy and can sometimes take time to figure it out the best you can. You've gained more experience with it but unfortunately learning curves and experience aren't always pleasant. Experience at least in the longer term should serve you better a lot of the time. I guess it's trying not to take too big a risk for the situation even if you have some experience.

Speaking of which I've just taken quite a large one myself so not completely practicing what I've been preaching although I have done a lot of work and research beforehand to at least get a better idea - I went for the Roland 27 KV in the end. It was far far more than I had ever imagined spending but I did get 0% credit on it for 2 years and also a 3 year warranty which I thought wasn't bad but needed with that amount of money. I didn't really want to do it but in the end I kind of realised it was that kit or nothing at least at the present. I tried to keep my KAT KT2 going as in my opinion it's a really good kit and very good value for money when I bought it in 2013. As my first kit it was really good. I went back to it several times trying to keep it going but in the end I realised I needed a new one. The KAT KT2 served me quite well up until more recently but after setting up the 27 KV seems to completely blow the KT2 away although it should for the difference in price. I'm hoping the Roland will keep me going for longer though that said.

Thank you very much to you and everyone else who has helped. It has meant a lot.

roncadillac

Hi again I'm really sorry about the late reply but I've been a bit busy getting my new kit and setting it up. I know forums are important but so is the kit saying that and the main reason behind it.

Yes I agree your tone can indeed come off as a bit forward and I was beginning to get very angry about it. Only joking! Electronic communication can often come across as more abrupt for several reasons but I didn't sense anything like that with you and even if I did with someone else it is easy to get the 'wrong end of the stick' as from the Uk I think.

I guess with saving money it is naturally what a lot of people are trying to do and is very understandable. I guess it's trying to do it to different degrees depending on what it is. Unfortunately that can require experience and / or advice in terms of spending more when you need to spend more and less when you can spend less. It's not always easy and can sometimes take time to figure it out the best you can. You've gained more experience with it but unfortunately learning curves and experience aren't always pleasant. Experience at least in the longer term should serve you better a lot of the time. I guess it's trying not to take too big a risk for the situation even if you have some experience.

Speaking of which I've just taken quite a large one myself so not completely practicing what I've been preaching although I have done a lot of work and research beforehand to at least get a better idea - I went for the Roland 27 KV in the end. It was far far more than I had ever imagined spending but I did get 0% credit on it for 2 years and also a 3 year warranty which I thought wasn't bad but needed with that amount of money. I didn't really want to do it but in the end I kind of realised it was that kit or nothing at least at the present. I tried to keep my KAT KT2 going as in my opinion it's a really good kit and very good value for money when I bought it in 2013. As my first kit it was really good. I went back to it several times trying to keep it going but in the end I realised I needed a new one. The KAT KT2 served me quite well up until more recently but after setting up the 27 KV seems to completely blow the KT2 away although it should for the difference in price. I'm hoping the Roland will keep me going for longer though that said.

Thank you very much to you and everyone else who has helped. It has meant a lot.
I would look at your decision as a good one. That kit should last you a lifetime if you take care of it and should have great re-sell value should you want to part with it.

Mr_Runner

I would look at your decision as a good one. That kit should last you a lifetime if you take care of it and should have great re-sell value should you want to part with it.
Hi again I'm hoping so. I think I got what I needed but I paid for it all right. I don't know if I have this wrong now and then but a lot of things in life seem to have a price be it financial or whatever. Seems the bigger / more extreme it is the higher the price you'll pay. Life seems good at that. You can get what you want or even need but chances are you'll pay the price. Shit some people have paid a price with their life even knowing the associated and realistic risks involved with what they're doing. I think Eddie Hall admitted he may have knocked 10 years from his lifespan after what he has put his body through in his career up to and winning World's Strongest Man in 2017. He said 2017 was probably his last chance to attempt it as another attempt could have easily killed him.

Thank you again.